BSS Varicurve repair

Re: BSS Varicurve repair

Anyone know where I can get a BSS Varicurve FCS-926 repaired? BSS sent me to Creative Audio Labs, who told me "we don't do that anymore."

Thanks!

Mike at Creation Audio Labs in Nashville is/was *the* guy to fix BSS stuff. He did a great job refurbing one of our old OmniDrive 388s a few years ago. Wish I had another name to suggest, Pascal.

I suspect there is a fair chance of replacing a Varicurve from Ebay for less than the cost of repair particularly if the problem is display related.. They have not held their value well. If only they had included a high pass filter … sigh ...

Distortion on one channel.

I thought of buying another on eBay. Problem is, I've had poor luck in the past buying stuff on eBay. By the time you figure out that it's not working correctly, it can be too late to return the item. I'd rather deal with a unit that I know is screwed up than one that might be...

BSS gave my the schematics for the FCS-920 and the FCS-926. I'll be taking it to a local electronics repair genius for fixin'.

Distortion on one channel.

I thought of buying another on eBay. Problem is, I've had poor luck in the past buying stuff on eBay. By the time you figure out that it's not working correctly, it can be too late to return the item. I'd rather deal with a unit that I know is screwed up than one that might be...

BSS gave my the schematics for the FCS-920 and the FCS-926. I'll be taking it to a local electronics repair genius for fixin'.

Pascal, fwiw, Mike @ Creation Audio recently told me that they had stopped servicing the BSS stuff because parts were generally no longer available. If your problem can be solved by generic parts you might dodge the bullet. Good luck. The varicurve is still a good sounding, very useful tool.