Cable advice

Re: Cable advice

Not a bad deal, but not an ideal color either.
Usual pricing is around $1.25 a ft.

In the end it depends on what you're using it for.
If it's the FOH power run that's covered in Yellowjackets the color doesn't matter.

Closest thing at Cameltraders was $25 more plus shipping
Edit: Home Depo is even cheaper by $30 on the 250' roll, with no shipping

Camel traders was just for reference. Similar pricing is often available if you go to the right places, but I've never found Home Depot to be one of them. We are in different countries so maybe pricing is better at the big boxes down there. If it is worth saving a few bucks and getting yellow cable for you then by all means do it. I wouldn't because all my ac is black and I like it that way, and I suspect many here feel the same way. FWIW, ac cable is something I've never regretted buying more of - I'd buy the spool of black and be done with it!

If you are worried about budget have you considered if 12/3 would be enough? I don't have much at FOH but I've been fine with 12/3 for most stuff. If I need more I've got plenty 8/4 and some small distros.

Last time I went shopping, the 8/4 cable was less expensive than the 10/3 cable. I ended up going with 8/4 and building distros for them. Net cost ended up being higher by a little bit, but the versatility was much better in the end.

Camel traders was just for reference. Similar pricing is often available if you go to the right places, but I've never found Home Depot to be one of them. We are in different countries so maybe pricing is better at the big boxes down there. If it is worth saving a few bucks and getting yellow cable for you then by all means do it. I wouldn't because all my ac is black and I like it that way, and I suspect many here feel the same way. FWIW, ac cable is something I've never regretted buying more of - I'd buy the spool of black and be done with it!

If you are worried about budget have you considered if 12/3 would be enough? I don't have much at FOH but I've been fine with 12/3 for most stuff. If I need more I've got plenty 8/4 and some small distros.

Probably gonna get the spool. Where do I get Edison plugs that will fit 10 gauge?