Canadian speaker works - black box sub

Re: Canadian speaker works - black box sub

So how do they get the cardioid pattern? I don't see any cancellation drivers-or any large boundaries- or any exit the rear that would be time/polarity sensitive?

At what freq is this pattern effective?

Are they any measurements available?
+1, I had the same questions about the pattern and also things like:

- The limits and conditions for the specified response and in apreticular why the specifications claim a 15Hz-250Hz response but the response chart provided seems to show that relative to the peak response at around 80Hz the 212-213Hz response is about 15dB down and the 22Hz response is about 23dB down.

- Why the rated peak power handling is just 1.6 times (+2.1dB) above the "RMS" power handling. Is the "RMS" rating actually a Program rating and then power compression factored in?

- Why there is a "minimum" power amplifier requirement.

- How they get a 142dB "Max SPL" when the 4,949W peak power rating and 97dB@1w/1M sensitivity ratings calculate out to 134dB. I think this may tie back into the response and be a result of the specified sensitivity being more indicative of the output at any frequency while the Max SPL may be more based on a broadband noise source.

- How stacking three boxes per side can increase the maximum output to 163dB. How do you get +21dBSPL from two physically separated stacks of three boxes?

I respect Art's opinion and it may be a good product but the supporting information definitely seems to create some questions.

Re: Canadian speaker works - black box sub

Old thread rehash...
Was there anymore information on the road tests with these subs..
I to would love to support candian quality. ..
I may be looking at a few pair....maybe