Casters on my new subs *poll*

Casters on my new subs *poll*

• Wheels on bottom, two locking casters

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Casters on my new subs *poll*

Caster boards. Doesn't matter to me if they're like the Clair MS-18 or ShowCo subs (latched to face) or on sides or back. I HATE wheels mounted directly to speaker cabs.

Option 5

I like subs with a 45 degree angle cut across the back at the bottom and have 2 casters located there.
Tilt and roll. Casters are always there and it doesn't eat up room on stage or in the truck.

Yorkville UCS1, Danley TH115, JTR OrbitShifters, etc etc etc

Steve, I don't mind the tilt and roll option, but these are single 18's. A little too short to comfortably do that with.

I'm 6'4" anyway. The shopping carts at the grocery store are too short for me too.

Hey Tim - I have some Yorkville LS-800P, and a small 16" piece of pipe in the top of the pole mount - extends the "handle" for me. Tilting the speaker back, and voila - haven't lost one yet - the weight of the speaker keeps it on the pole - over doorway strips etc...

Caster boards. Doesn't matter to me if they're like the Clair MS-18 or ShowCo subs (latched to face) or on sides or back. I HATE wheels mounted directly to speaker cabs.
I agree, though mounting on the face allows for the sub to be tipped into position.

That said, for a pair of single 18" I'd only make one casterboard, drop off one on the way to the other side.