CD deck w/ BOTH playback and recording capabilities

Matt Bauer

Freshman
Oct 31, 2011
Austin, TX
Hey guys and gals,

I've been looking for a product for a client and haven't been able to come across anything that'll do what I want.

I'm looking for a single unit (2 spaces max) that has dual decks so that I can record on one side while simultaneously playing on the other. Basically, they want to be able to play tracks and take a board mix of the tracks + live vox to the recorder.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to look at 2 single space units. The redundancy wouldn't be a bad thing I guess. Suggestions for favorite single space units would be welcomed as well.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Bauer

Re: CD deck w/ BOTH playback and recording capabilities

Thanks Phillip!
That's actually exactly what I'm looking for but unfortunately isn't made anymore looks like, Still waiting to hear back from Marantz as to whether they replaced it with a newer model (none appears on their site).

The hunt continues...

Matt

Marantz used to have a unit, the CDR510 that could do this.

Philip

Thanks Phillip!
That's actually exactly what I'm looking for but unfortunately isn't made anymore looks like, Still waiting to hear back from Marantz as to whether they replaced it with a newer model (none appears on their site).

The hunt continues...

Matt

I searched and searched back about 6-7 years ago for Marantz stuff specifically. It seems as if they've left this market segment altogether. The only common commercial outfits offering any products in this market have been Denon and Tascam, but both of them seem to have slowed. I assume that this is heightened by the switch from hard media to straight digital storage devices. CD's have long been said to be phasing out. Witness the decreasing number of suppliers of quality media.

I searched and searched back about 6-7 years ago for Marantz stuff specifically. It seems as if they've left this market segment altogether. The only common commercial outfits offering any products in this market have been Denon and Tascam, but both of them seem to have slowed.
Keep in mind that Denon and Marantz have had the same ownership for about 10 years so they probably have tried to eliminate overlap and directly competing products. D&M Holdings owns not only Denon/Denon DJ/Denon Pro and Marantz/Marantz Pro but also Allen & Heath, Boston Acoustics, Calrec and Premium Sound Solutions.