Margaret Sekelsky

Oct 1, 2018
Marina del Rey, CA
CelestionLotharStamerHKAudioLinkedin-300x161.jpg

St. Wendel, Germany (April 21, 2022) — Brothers Hans and Lothar Stamer have dual identities in the pro audio industry. On the one hand, their guitar amp and accessory brand Hughes & Kettner is sought after for being high-tech, high-end, and offering ultimate tone since 1984. And their celebrated company, HK Audio, delivers PA systems ranging from portable battery-powered units suitable for singer-songwriters to large line arrays. Celestion sat down with Lothar Stamer to speak about the brothers’ musical roots and philosophy, the pro audio industry, the company’s technology and music in general.
Starting out as a drummer in a band who was responsible for the sound system, Stamer first began to experiment with PA systems solutions:
“As a drummer in a band in...

Continue reading...

All I can say I recently purchased one of HK's Polar 12 series systems , just to try out in a duo act scenario and was immediately impressed enough to go back and purchase a second unit to accommodate a full band scenario. . They not only sound amazing but in a lot of FOH applications do away with the need for a sub . The 12inch speaker in the bottom module is deep enough to capture all the rich low end and the only time I incorporate a 15" sub is when I want to mic a kick drum and want to move a bit more air . In short they , for me , were an amazing discovery with sound qualities equal to or exceeding other brands that cost more than double the price. Kudos to HK Audio.