Changing the colors in SMAART V6?

Hello all,

My vision is color deficient so it's quite difficult for me to see the difference between the ref and measurement peaks in the RTA mode of SMAART (version 6.1). For the life of me I can't seem to find a way to change the colors. The ''Legend'' tab would seem to be the most logical place to change 'em but it doesn't have the option, at least that I can find.

Anyone got a clue to this? It's likely right in front of my face and I'm just missing it...

Re: Changing the colors in SMAART V6?

Options -> ''High Contrast View''

Scott,

Any options for changing trace colors in the magnitude or phase screens?

Keep saving traces until you get to the color you want?
icon_rolleyes.gif

As far as I know there's just that high contrast mode.

Unfortunately the capability of changing colours of the traces was not added to the feature set of Smaart v6 before development of that version was EOL'd. However Smaart v7 allows you to change colours of live and captured traces to any colour in the visible spectrum you wish.

Unfortunately the capability of changing colours of the traces was not added to the feature set of Smaart v6 before development of that version was EOL'd. However Smaart v7 allows you to change colours of live and captured traces to any colour in the visible spectrum you wish.

How nice for those who waited to buy
icon_rolleyes.gif

How nice for those who waited to buy
icon_rolleyes.gif

That horse left the barn a long time ago when Loud Technologies lacked the vision to take Smaart any further than it did. Why are you still waiting? Smaart 7 has been out for quite some time now, and does a whole lot more than change trace colours...

I have V6, changing colors in the traces is not worth the upgrade dollars to me.

Are there any other ''must have'' features in Smaart 7 that make it worth the upgrade?

Well, in addition to multiple simultaneous channels/engines and the capability of averaging these inputs live, and being able to change colours at will...

1. Greater than 48th octave resolution multi time window

2. Separate smoothing settings for phase and magnitude traces

3. Spectrograph history (limited by how much RAM you assign to it) and real time spectrograph upper and lower limit controls on screen.

4. Click and drag traces up and down to offset them as you wish.

5. Much better capture interface (I hated the separate window in V6 that either got in your way, or ended up on a second monitor that is not hooked up)

6. Auto tracking feature to update your time delay automatically if the mic gets moved.

7. Live IR display on top to see exactly what's happening in time with your measurements.

8. You can load impulse response measurements into Smaart for post analysis work (and in an upcoming release be able to get acoustical metrics from the data).

9. Quick time delay difference calculator

10. Multi core support.

If that's not enough, there are plenty more features that are in continued development. Is there something you are looking for in particular? I'd be happy to pass it on to the appropriate people there. :D

Just a picture I took at the Vegas InfoComm last year. Figured I'd hear something about it by now. Software based gain and switches rule. :)

Looks like you can daisy chain these things together for a higher channel count, though Arthur referred to an 8 channel unit that appears to be software controlled, but probably requires the use of an external cable for the reference loopback.

The problem, as it's been explained to me, is that higher channel count devices (read: USB 2.0) can't run on the same ''generic'' spec as their USB 1.1 brethren, so they'd have to support drivers for every platform. This solution is to still run one unit per USB port but chain their clocks together so Smaart can reconcile them, allowing you to use one reference input and then the rest of the available inputs as measurement inputs. i.e. one box gets you one measurement channel, two gets you three, three gets you five, and so on.

Haha Langston, they're werkin' on that interface! Hopefully we'll see something soon!

With regards to the Roland Octa-Capture, I have one that I've been using for the past month, and I gotta say I'm really pleased with it! I have been looking for the past few months for a worthy successor to my buggy, crash prone Fast Track Ultra, and I think this is it. 8 separate mic/line inputs, with individually selectable phantom power, polarity flip, digital control of level, along with a really flexible output monitor section supporting 4 separate stereo mixes. All in a compact sturdy metal case that can easily fit in a pocket of my briefcase. My only complaint is that I wish that they incorporated metering in the software control panel, but hopefully they fix that in a future software update. Otherwise, you can see the metering on a pretty full-featured control interface LCD on the box itself. I give it a 9 out of 10 based on my use for the past month.