Chase Case Co.

Steve Tarak

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Indy
Had the great pleasure of meeting with and speaking at length with Chris Holt. Chris is the founder of Chase Case Company, in Fort Wayne Indiana. I had been looking for a quality hardshell case, and was given Chris number.

Chase Case Co. is new. I spoke w/ Chris a number of times by phone in deciding to have him build a case for my new mixer. Pro, friendly, attentive and informative. Decided on him and his company for the build of a case and Chris actually took the time to travel to Indianapolis and hand deliver what I believe to be one of the highest quality built cases I've come across. He built it personally and the fit and finish are second to none. The case fits the mixer like a glove and the build quality is exceptional. I received a very fair price compared to his competitors, received the case within days of ordering and would highly recommend them to others. I'll certainly be utilizing him again very soon.

Chris company has also been picked up by Sweetwater Sound, and is building cases for them. I would encourage anyone looking for a quality hand built to order hardshell flight case to give Chris a go. I think you'll be hard pressed to find the quality, build and service this guy gave to me.

www.chasecaseco.com
260-409-5155

best,
Steve

Attachments

• DSCF6044.JPG
    DSCF6044.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6045.JPG
    DSCF6045.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6046.JPG
    DSCF6046.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6047.JPG
    DSCF6047.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6048.JPG
    DSCF6048.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6049.JPG
    DSCF6049.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6050.JPG
    DSCF6050.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6052.JPG
    DSCF6052.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6054.JPG
    DSCF6054.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF6055.JPG
    DSCF6055.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Re: Chase Case Co.

it is pretty. the only thing that i would have done differently (referring to pic 3) would be to use rubber stripping instead of foam where the console meets the doghouse and maybe have the doghouse outer ply cut larger to extend into the triangular section of the console to give it less chance of lateral movement. oh, and guitel casters.

it is pretty. the only thing that i would have done differently (referring to pic 3) would be to use rubber stripping instead of foam where the console meets the doghouse and maybe have the doghouse outer ply cut larger to extend into the triangular section of the console to give it less chance of lateral movement. oh, and guitel casters.

Or, and I can't be 100% sure of this-a more form fitting cut of the sidewall of the doghouse, to fit nicer against the back of the mixer. A different type of foam/rubber strip would be better too.

He needs a real spray booth too, not just rattle can black paint for the doghouse. Texture paint would also hide the edge ply showing on the Baltic Birch.

There are other nice casters besides Guitel-all the big boy stuff by the leaders in the case biz like R&R and MT use Colson casters as the standard.

The large ball corner like the one in the photo are my preference, although the style Mr. Holt uses may actually make for a stronger corner, as all the rivets go through extrusions and plywood-so I will hold off on a final opinion.

Best regards,

John

Attachments

• Penn 1002 Ball Corner.jpg
    Penn 1002 Ball Corner.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0

That's cool, Steve. I went to college only 30min. from Ft. Wayne (ever hear of the town of Huntington?). I'll have to ask and see if anyone out there knows of the company.

Periodic updates on the condition of the case would be cool - keep us informed! :)

Nothing. For the most part, R&R Case has more work than they can handle. New clients wait for a spot in the production line queue and pay premium prices for the results. If the purpose of a case is to protect its mission-critical contents, then R&R wins.

Not every owner needs the level of protection, features, or craftsmanship that R&R provides and they are free to buy whatever quality level meets their needs.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim mc

Steve - Thank you very much for your kind words. It was our pleasure to build this case for you and we look forward to serving your needs again in the near future.

Rather than posting numerous different replies, I will try to touch on some of the comments and suggestions listed on this page.

We do offer casters on our cases... and we use Colson Casters. For this particular case we have not had the request for casters but would easily install them if asked.

We use the ball corners on this design that we do primarily for limiting the depth of the base. We have a whole shelf of ball corners like the one that Mr. Halliburton pictured however those add more in depth, more in foam which would add to the cost and more in weight.

We can afford to charge less than "the big guys" because we don't have the massive overhead that they do.

Mr. Broughton is correct however, there is no comparison between these cases.... One is quality built and affordable and the other is quality built and overpriced... :)

I will offer you this Mr. Broughton, the next case you need, give me a ring. Chase Case will not only build you a quality case at a fraction of the price than the competition, but I will guarantee that if you are not 100% satisfied, you simply call me and tell me why you're not happy. If it is a valid complaint, not something trivial, I will provide you with a FULL REFUND and LET YOU KEEP THE CASE!!! I don't believe any other company would offer you that kind of deal.

I spent the first half of my life as a touring roadie for some of the biggest names in rock and roll. Obviously, I know a good case when I see it. I do agree that R&R builds a quality case but I feel as though our case quality is very comparable. We have built cases for numerous national artists and they are all being put through the test of life on the road daily. To date, we have not had a single complaint or issue with any of our cases that have been built.

I am glad that you are happy with your case Steve and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future with your next order.