China Led par 64

Mauricio Guillen

Freshman
Jun 12, 2014
I'm looking to get 12 units of Par 64 minimum 3 watts at least rgbw; 1 year ago I had the opportunity to get 8 Chinesse slim par 64 1 watt and they are still working very good to this moment ; now I have the opportunity to buy directly to a Chinesse led light factory, they don't have a minimum order to buy from them and they are offering fixtures that comes in 3 watts, 9 watts, and 10 watts;

Altought all the cases from this kind of fixture are made in plastic and I don't care about it because the 1 watt that I have is made of plastic as well and it works, however,

They are offering me a 3 watt par64 that comes in rgbw and have 12 led for red, 12 for blue, 12 for green and 8 led that goes for the white it comes with a fan; they are offering the 10 watts led and one model in particular has 9 led (big circle) of 10 watts and 1 bigger led that according to the site has 20 watts; the other model that they are offering have 9 big led (big circle) of 10 watts each, the latest 2 models are also rgbw as well; I understand what a 3 watt light is and a 10 watt light too, however, I'm intrigue into which fixture could provide better lumens (if that's the proper word) the it's a difference of just $2 between the 3 watts and the10 watts, however I'm intrigue if the 12 led would provide better lumens instead of just 9 leds?

If this sounds as a silly question? I apologize, but what I don't want is to get some stuff that won't work; if I go to buy a known brand like elation (and I really like the idea ) just the money that I'm separating would just get me to buy 2 or fixtures of that brand over the prices that we have over here in my country (I'm from southamerica) and we are surround by Chinese unknown brands that works, but there cost is too expensive as well if I buy them locally,

Re: China Led par 64

Thanks a lot

Patience, Mauricio!

Here is our experience buying lights directly from Chinese manufacturers: there is no support in the manner we are accustomed to. You figure out how to make it work. You fix it if it stops working. If units with the same model number have different LED components, they'll replace them---- with more units with different LEDs. No consistency whatsoever.

We started working with a USA representative for Chinese imports. He's got 3 factories to select products from. He's Chinese (first generation American) and frustrated working with the factories, too. He says "they just don't get it". He buys a sea container full of the same model and SKU number and the amber LEDs are different colors, the blue LEDs have varying amounts of UV content, etc.

We now buy an extra 20% and consider them disposable. We sell them off to local bands and theater groups for cheap as they age.

The price difference between Elation, Chauvet, ETC and other name brands versus direct from China pays for CONSISTENCY AND SUPPORT. If you value either, you will skip buying direct from China.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

I have purchased led lights direct from China several times. All of the lights I have gotten rid of or am in the process of getting rid of.
I have mixed feelings on it. A lot of the fixtures did do what they stated and worked decent for me. I have had several issues units though and as mentioned the support was pretty much no existent. Even manuals for DMX assignments were all in chinese and from what I could understand did not line up with the lights actual functions. I think I have reached the point where I am going to stick with well know manufacturers. The pricing of chinese stuff is so tempting but if you are in situations where you need something that just works I think the extra cost for even ADJ or Chauvet will be worth it.

With no-name China lights, you get what you pay for, which isn't much. As others have stated, support is non existent, consistency of lights, even of the same model doesn't happen. Yeah, you're getting lights, but that's about all you know. Which will be brighter? Who knows? With LEDs, comparing watts to watts is NOT going to give an accurate comparison, as LED quality and brightness can vary wildly. Color mixing of the lights can be different between lights due to different LED combinations as well. Not nice when you want a particular color.

Thanks for your response, I managed to buy 12 Chinese tri led from a dealer over my place, he gave me 1 year warranty, this fixtures looks a lot for the chauvet slim part can tri pro (18*3 watt RGB), they are made of aluminum, have 2 brackets for stand on the floor or hang into a truss, the fixtures are very sturdy, and from the 4 latest shows they have worked great as I expected, maybe I was lucky, but so far they are working great, this is the link of the lights that I bought over here, totally opposite of the ones that I was intended to get and the links that iI pay previously, this is the link for the ones that I bought (in Southamerica)
http://www.thomann.de/gb/showtec_compact_par_18_mkii_black.htm

The same model, same brand, 1 year warranty, and I paid $145 each, 3 watts, Tri led, aluminum, 1-3-4-6 dmx channels, I really think it's a good deal, thinking to get at least 4 more

Well they are Ben, this one's are better as you mentioned, if it happens that someone see this fixture over their place don't hesitate to get them, they work very well,

Update, I have found that this lights likes to be the first in the chain of dmx, weird, but they won't work if you install in the middle of the chain another fixture, that's the only complain that I have at the moment, doing a bunch of sites with them and they worked perfect, but that's the only thing

Update, I have found that this lights likes to be the first in the chain of dmx, weird, but they won't work if you install in the middle of the chain another fixture, that's the only complain that I have at the moment, doing a bunch of sites with them and they worked perfect, but that's the only thing

I'm curious, so I'd like to ask a technical question:

What would cause this? Low tolerence for clock shift in the signal, or perhaps the electronics don't deal well with lower voltage at their inputs? It would be interesting to put a booster of some kind at the end of the chain before the LED pars, like a splitter or something, as a test. Or maybe it's a termination issue? They might not have self termination abilities, so when you put the other fixtures after it they terminate it, but otherwise it's an end that really should be terminated, but isn't?

Sorry getting stir crazy away from any sort of production gear - winter break will do that to ya.

I really don't know Max, I would try to get the splitter that you are mentioning to see what is with them, maybe a terminate something into them, What I found the other day was that I was actually putting a chauvet color palette before this par cans, and they didn't want to work, so I run more dmx cables between them and nothing, changed the order and that did it that's why I mentioned the update, but I'm looking forward to see what can it be done to them

Well ,after working a lot with them I realized that this lights works, and you get used to put it like first fixtures, or manage to get the gig on, I own some chauvet color palette and if I put those first in the link, the Chinese would work, I don't know why? But it seems that the chauvet got something into them that get rid of that problem so those paletts could be the first in the link and then the Chinese ones works after them, but if I put my future lights moving head mh660 first the Chinese won't work...

Does anyone know why that can be? Any hints? And besides all of this I really recommend this lights if you want to upgrade or get new fixture

Well ,after working a lot with them I realized that this lights works, and you get used to put it like first fixtures, or manage to get the gig on, I own some chauvet color palette and if I put those first in the link, the Chinese would work, I don't know why? But it seems that the chauvet got something into them that get rid of that problem so those paletts could be the first in the link and then the Chinese ones works after them, but if I put my future lights moving head mh660 first the Chinese won't work...

Does anyone know why that can be? Any hints? And besides all of this I really recommend this lights if you want to upgrade or get new fixture
'
That's the kind of shit that made us stop buying direct from China. DMX should just work, period. Connection order shouldn't matter one bit.

'
That's the kind of shit that made us stop buying direct from China. DMX should just work, period. Connection order shouldn't matter one bit.

I'd guess that the china fixtures are a bit pickier about the DMX timings, and a bit less tolerant of reflections and other timing errors (you *always* use a DMX terminator and proper DMX cabling, right?)

I'd guess that the china fixtures are a bit pickier about the DMX timings, and a bit less tolerant of reflections and other timing errors (you *always* use a DMX terminator and proper DMX cabling, right?)

I literally hand out terminators to other schools around my county when I visit. It amazes me that people don't know about the DMX basics.