Christmas Lights

Re: Christmas Lights

Yes I have my show up and running-with a couple of new "things" and a new song.

I have not taken any videos yet as it has been raining or I haven't been around. It has been busy this year.

I will try to get some up soon.

No chance for snow this year on the lights :( They look cool in the snow.

Now that's what I'm talking about!
I bought 5000 more lights for our x-mas concert this year, and was thinking about decorating the house and the tree, but sense prevailed :D~:-D~:grin:

Nice tree though, when the tree lights up the whole room you know you've almost got enough :thumbup:

Here is another one. An old ELP song and my most "rock" song. My wife had unplugged some lights in one of the windows and I didn't notice I did not get them plugged in correctly-so one window is "out of whack".

https://vimeo.com/82995843

Tonight is the last night this year.

The fundamental question: When you flick the switch, do you watch your lights come on, or do you watch the rest of the neighborhood go dim?

By dimming the neighborhood, he gets more contrast for his lights! No light pollution from normal household porch lamps.
you ARE tied into the neighbors' meters, aren't you? Share the wealth (and the bill)

Working on getting some more videos of my show this week. Like Ivan, this month has simply disappeared!

Evan

Evan - great show (not quite sure how the music relates to the holiday...)

A suggestion -
When shooting the video, focus once and then turn autofocus OFF. There are spots where it gets dark, and the camera hunts for focus. Since the house isn't moving, and neither are you, autofocus works against you, not for you.

By dimming the neighborhood, he gets more contrast for his lights! No light pollution from normal household porch lamps.
you ARE tied into the neighbors' meters, aren't you? Share the wealth (and the bill)
I really don't notice any difference in the power bill.

I run the whole thing off of 2 20A circuits (and one of those is only powering about 200 watts of lights)

I use a lot of LEDs and most of the lights are off most of the time. I pay attention when programming the "bright" sections so the high current lights are mostly off.