CL / RIO questions

Philip Roberts

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Southwest Michigan
A couple of questions for Justice or others with experience with the CL / RIO equipment.

How loud are the fan's on the RIO boxes? In a situation where RIO's might be located at FOH due to installed analog snakes will fan noise be an issue?

Can I patch an input on RIO directly to an output on another? (Looks possible using Dante Controller but not using the CL series only, could some one verify)

How does the CL series' "Dante Input Patching" patching work if you rename or re patch signals using the Dante Controller software?

Thanks

Philip

Re: CL / RIO questions

I don't think the fans will be an issue. There is a switch on the back that changes the fan speed. I have both of my RIOs installed in a rack right under my console and I don't notice the fans. The fan in the Cellcom base unit is much much louder than the ones in the RIOs.

The Dante controller and the CL do the same thing, and if you update the patching on one, the other follows almost instantly.

I'm not sure about the input to output direct patching. I'll have to take a look at the when I get in later today.

Re: CL / RIO questions

A couple of questions for Justice or others with experience with the CL / RIO equipment.

How loud are the fan's on the RIO boxes? In a situation where RIO's might be located at FOH due to installed analog snakes will fan noise be an issue?

Can I patch an input on RIO directly to an output on another? (Looks possible using Dante Controller but not using the CL series only, could some one verify)

How does the CL series' "Dante Input Patching" patching work if you rename or re patch signals using the Dante Controller software?

Thanks

Philip

hey Philip,

i've used the CL series lots. The Dante patching is fully functional from the console.

in answer to the direct patching, yes you can from the console.

you can patch any inputs onto the Dante network,and then patch the any Dante channels onto the rio outputs.

This is done in the following ways.

1- using the Dante input patch, patch the rio input channel into the Dante network. (Pick a Dante channel between 1and 64)

2- in the io rack page, select the rio you want, then go onto the rio outputs and patch that Dante channel onto the rio output.

this should now be a direct output :)

M