[WTB] Club Wedges and Maybe Processor

Jason Misterka

Sophomore
Mar 10, 2011
Hey Folks -

Exploring options here. I have a 175 capacity club looking for some wedges, probably four.

Probably need something that sounds pretty good and gets pretty loud passive. Currently using 15"x2". Would consider 12" models if it is the right box (JBL SRX or better) and can handle the SPL. Not usually a lot of drums in the monitor since the stage is only 12'x10' or so
smiley.gif

Budget depends on exactly which box (subjective cost vs benefit, I know) but could be $500 - $700 each for the right box. I may buy this stuff new but was asking here in case someone is sitting on four Microwedges
smiley.gif
or some other older but high quality cabinet.

Already have amps. Probably buying a processor, too, just for 4in 4out for limiting and basic cabinet EQ.

The deal is, they already have some custom boxes with JBL drivers in them (15" and 2") but the components are old and they have been breaking them (no limiters, possibly the components weren't up to spec when purchased used anyway, etc...) The owner is tired of ripping into them and replacing diaphragms, etc...

These aren't for A or usually even B level national acts but sometimes things get loud (The Nighthawks, etc) and they just don't want to be fixing them all the time.

Tell me what wedges and or processor you have for sale and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Jason

EDIT: I just confirmed that all of the installation wiring for the monitor system is 12/2 so unless all the stars align (cost, hassle, etc) these will probably need to operate as passive wedges.

Last edited: