Compact line array or point source.

Re: Compact line array or point source.

Hey everyone,

I have nailed it down to the following boxes:
JBL 4886
D&B Q Series
Meyer M'elodie

I have plotted all these speakers into some of the rooms we work most in. We will be getting prices on what we need, get demos and then make a decision.

Hey everyone,

I have nailed it down to the following boxes:
JBL 4886
D&B Q Series
Meyer M'elodie

I have plotted all these speakers into some of the rooms we work most in. We will be getting prices on what we need, get demos and then make a decision.

Hey Steve, not to confuse your issue, but Gerr Audio, just picked up Outline and they might have something worth looking at, especially supported "locally".

SP

Butterfly is a great system. Lots of horsepower from a very tiny box! Don't see it on many riders though, its a bit esoteric... But I certainly enjoy using it

What is a typical location that a "point source" can't be used? Just curious and why?
The location where the client specifies a line array, for one.

I'm generally of the belief that for permanent installs point source boxes are better, because you can go to the catalog and order up exactly what's required. For the room du jour it can be tougher without a large selection of point-source boxes to choose from.

That at and I can fly and rig my JBL 4886/4883 system by myself, where most point source boxes with similar coverage and output would be unwieldy.