Condenser compatible version of Radial ABi switcher?

Matt Duncan

Freshman
May 9, 2011
Concord, NC
Hi y'all, I need to switch between 2 vocal mics for one of our band members - 1 mic at keys, 1 mic at lead guitar position...I'm trying to avoid chewing up another console channel if at all possible. The Radial ABi would be perfect for this, except that if phantom power is present, it will most likely pop when switching from what I've read. I don't want to buy something that will become useless when/if I switch him from a dynamic to a condenser mic in the future.

I'm handy with a soldering iron, but no good with circuit design, so if anyone has a design they'd like to share, I'd be more than grateful.

Thanks!!

Re: Condenser compatible version of Radial ABi switcher?

You could always just supply phantom downstream of the switch with a two channel phantom power supply. Something similar to this would work: Nady SMPS-2X Dual Phantom Power Supply | GuitarCenter

I can't think of any way to eliminate the pop when switching without having phantom present at both mics at all times. You could probably find a way to do this using the phantom from the mixer, but then you run the risk of drawing too much current from your mixer channel, since it's only designed to power one mic at a time.