converting speaker level to line level

Re: converting speaker level to line level

So, it appears, after I got in this morning and started talking to the guys that took my speaker down, that they thought they could actually just plug a powered speaker into the output taps on the other 70 volt speakers in the area.

I happen to have a bunch of older Pro Co DB-1 direct boxes which have a switch that changes the input between SPKR and INST, as well as what appears to be a line level OUTPUT (in addition to the XLR mic level output). Getting something up to line level from mic level is relatively easy, especially since these guys want to be able to play an iPod or what not through the back stage speaker so they can listen to music while they are doing whatever it is that stage carpenters and electricians do when people aren't watching them too closely. So it appears that I am also hooking up a small mixer for whatever replaces this speaker that they took down.

I'll have to post of picture of this speaker that they took down. But it's gonna be a while. it's buried behind a fork lift and miscellaneous pieces of a Nutcracker set.

Clearly these aren't road guys. Just add AC.

Attachments

• IMG_2376.JPG
    IMG_2376.JPG
    405 KB · Views: 1