Crown Itech (original) troubleshooting?

So last night with 1 SRX718s per side, my amp lost almost all of its volume. Everything on the display/monitor settings looked fine and nothing out of the ordinary. The both rear fans where blowing warm-hot air out the back.

I am not sure if it was the room or the amp, but I had some funky fart nosies at 75-80 Hz once the band starting up with the dance-pop music and by the 3rd set, the bass was non existent.

Any ideal on what it could be?

I've owned the IT8000 since Sept 2009 and I bought it as a Crown Refurbished amp; with 3035hrs listed.

Re: Crown Itech (original) troubleshooting?

Matt,
1st try a factory reset. If the problem still persists its probably a trip to the repair shop.
I've just had several 1Tech 4000s with various issues repaired and one was behaving something like yours. The shop replaced the main board and now it works great. Expensive yes, but was less that what I could replace the amp for.

Anyone know what happens if the amp was to go into thermal protect mode?

While I have not personally witnessed this, I am told that once the amp hits it's thermal limit, the output will start to attenuate, and will continue attenuating until the temperature is back in check. Any chance you were running SA or AA at the time and are able to check the log files?

Check the front panel LCD display. If you see an exclamation point "!" at the center bottom there has been some kind of out-of-spec experience: high/low load impedance, fan failure, temperature exception, etc. See page 21 of the I-Tech manual.

Since Samsung absorbed Harman in 2016/17 and laid off most of the Crown employees, closed the Elkhart plant, moved production to Mexico, things changed.
Lab Gruppen was acquired by Music Group in 2015, their service is difficult at best.
Since it is cheaper to replace old USA products with new Chinese products, and obsolete parts (like microproccessors used in I-Tech) are unavailable, service ain't what it used to be.

"End of life" in the microprocessor age comes a lot sooner than in the big iron days.

Since the moderators removed the post written in French complaining he couldn't get his old amps serviced by Harmon, looks like I revived the zombie.