Custom Earplugs IEM drivers

Hey there!

I recently bought custom ear plugs with Etymotic Research filters (best purchase I've ever made!) -15db and -25db filters.

I've been thinking of getting earbuds for when doing in-ear monitors and I was wandering if anyone knows if I can get drivers for IEM earbuds that fit my custom molds instead of the filters, and if I can, has anyone tried them (compared to other IEM plugs) and how are they ?

Re: Custom Earplugs IEM drivers

There are lots of great custom IEM products out there. I'd pick from one of those. My personal favorites are JH Audio models, although I have owned several different brands.

The Custom plugs you already have are probably silicone right? Well, the problem is (Having got a set of those plugs with removeable filters) is that the seal on the filters is not fantastic, and it gets worse if you swap them often. IEMs rely on the seal into the mould for isolation and low frequency performance, so I'd suggest trying to get 1 set to do both is a bad idea...

Tought about tearing the silicone by replacing, and figured I also want to be able to move from IEM's to Earplugs on a gig (say a festival where no-one in the band is using IEM).

Just ordered Etymotic Research ER4-PT. After reading reviews I liked what i've been reading. Might order custom molds if I like them and use them enough to justify it.

Will report in when I get them for anyone interested.

Tought about tearing the silicone by replacing, and figured I also want to be able to move from IEM's to Earplugs on a gig (say a festival where no-one in the band is using IEM).

Just ordered Etymotic Research ER4-PT. After reading reviews I liked what i've been reading. Might order custom molds if I like them and use them enough to justify it.

Will report in when I get them for anyone interested.

If you decide to get customs, you might want to check out Alclair custom in-ear monitors. New company making relatively inexpensive customs that I have been VERY happy with. And no I don't work for them. :). Just thought I'd throw it out there