D&B V-Series Released

Re: D&B V-Series Released

It's like a mini-J and I hear it's awesome! I can't wait to see/hear it.

r the 10 and 1.4 from the j?

im a d+b fan boi so im shure it sounds at least "axeceptable" but to stir the shit round hear ..... a few pokes

i no spec sheets r shit
but the specs say the v12 is as loud as the v8 (139db) .......oddly the same as the kara
the main spec i was missin was crossover points.... any one got those?

one of the complaints of the q was its wider vertical coverage of 15 dregrees "more and less"
kara whent to 10 dregrees vertical clair uses 2.5 dregres n there top array zone ...narrower being trendy
but as a side hang in a tall arena fewer boxes can be used with the v at 15 dregrees vertical...those dame trade offs

for how CUTTING EDGE THE V8 IS WEIGHT WISE 75 lb!!!!! ... the v sub is a bit on the heavy side at 141 lb
like traps vs point source vs line arrays....cardiod subz r not budget worthy in all applacations
d+b reputaion for that bottom octave speaks for itself

the q was priced like a vt4888
if the v is priced like a vtx.... performance manger shure is sweet!!!!

flame on:twisted:

Guys ... I was fortunate enough to hear demo of d&b V series ... I was completely blown away.

Unbelievable quality .... and the price is fantastic.

This stuff is made for us events guys .... so much less to worry about in setup.

Small boxes with a massive punch.

I thought I would go with the VT4888 ... but those boxes are enormous compared to the V series.... too much extra dollies and transportation costs.

Guys ... I was fortunate enough to hear demo of d&b V series ... I was completely blown away.

Unbelievable quality .... and the price is fantastic.

This stuff is made for us events guys .... so much less to worry about in setup.

Small boxes with a massive punch.

I thought I would go with the VT4888 ... but those boxes are enormous compared to the V series.... too much extra dollies and transportation costs.

V-Series is really great. I've done a variety of shows with it.

I've mixed on small hangs of 6 per side, and I've put in 16 deep hangs as part of a stadium system.

In both scenarios is was great. It sounds just like J (from 200hz and up) and behaves well off axis, etc... Very quick to rig. Not a huge fan of the d&b dollies, but you could easily make your own.

Highly recommended

A company I've done work with in Chicago that just took delivery of a small system and while I have not heard it yet I imagine I will very shortly. Looks like a well thought out middle ground between Q and J Series.

I've only used them for talking head stuff so far, but they sound great and the rigging is much better than the Q's. It's the same safety hook system as the T-Series.

We recently used a V rig, 2 hangs, 8 boxes per hang. Had it for a week-long event.

Positively. Blown. Away.

Geri O