Dante/Yamaha Networking

Re: Dante/Yamaha Networking

Just a quick update to all this...
I've been using the Nuendo Setup "Specified IP Address" and setting it to the link-local address that is shown on DVS on my laptop and I have not had any issues at all in the past weeks.

Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone

Just a quick update to all this...
I've been using the Nuendo Setup "Specified IP Address" and setting it to the link-local address that is shown on DVS on my laptop and I have not had any issues at all in the past weeks.

Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone

That's how it works.

from http://download.yamaha.com/api/asse...te-master.prod.wsys.yamaha.com&asset_id=57495

"The PC works fine with an automatic IP address (default setting), but it isconvenient to fix the IP address to prevent it from changing after every PCrestart. The IP address of the PC needs to be programmed into the CLconsole, so it is good if it doesn’t keep changing. Set the IP address in therange of 169.254.x.x (eg. 169.254.0.1) and subnet mask to 255.255.0.0.Tip:If the computer’s IP address is fixed, it is rare but possible that thesame IP address is automatically assigned to another Dante device.However, the probability is only 0.0015% which will mostly not be anissue in real life. If the communication between devices does not workproperly, restart the Dante devices (so their IP addresses changeagain).To assign the PC to be controlled from the CL console, open the RECORDERmenu, select the NUENDO LIVE page, and press the NUENDO LIVE SETUPbutton. Then press the SPECIFIED IP ADDRESS button, and enter the IPaddress of the PC's network port (not of the Dante Accelerator card.)"

What ip address were you using previously?

Look at Page 10. It shows that you should be able to simply select the DVS computer. If you still have to set the IP manually as it says on the next page, then what is the point of selecting the DVS computer in the previous screen?

I can't reproduce the original problem so I don't know why there were issues before, but my video shows some of the flakiness that can happen.

I would be interested to know if the others that have commented in this thread as well as my other thread on this subject are still having issues.

Sent from my iPhone

I use DHCP but have the first address set to be over 100 (starts at 192.168.2.101) and assign static IP's under 100 to the console, multiple laptops, etc. The Rio stage boxes are getting the DHCP addresses along with the iPad I use to run stagemix.