db technologies

Jack Keaton

Sophomore
Dec 6, 2011
Has anyone used their Flexsys speaks and or their DVX monitors.
I guess I am trying to compare is are these speakers close to peavey QW sound quality?

Own and use both , Flexsys is value line and does sound very good DVX is the pro line and will rip your head off and does not break up at high volumes. I have sold a lot of the DVX around the country and everyone is amazed by these boxes..we have a video or two on YouTube showing the inner workings of both series. Look under trinityprosound on YouTube.

Re: db technologies

Used DVX 12" and 15" for a festival last summer (and will be doing it a gain in 3 weeks) as a monitor engineer. I recall them sounding just fine and I think I used almost no graphic EQ, maybe 2-3 bands max.

Had one of them giving up on me. While the headlining band was playing, but bass lady wanted some serious bass in her monitor. Had to trade my wedge to finish the show.

Concerning the design I would like to be able to turn then both ways, to be able to mirror them when using double monitors.

I've also hate it when the power and signal inlet's are on the separate ends of the box, the ones I had also didn't have powercon inlets but the older "regular" ones.

I'd consider buying them tough if I was looking for monitors for a We've got Meyersound UM-100P and MJF-212 at work that they are no match to, but they are not in the same league in pricing.

John I know you guys used to run a versarray rig before, I almost think you guys ran qw before (i remember reading on old peavey forums) Do you feel that the dvx speakers would be a good replacement for qw4s? Im interested in dvx d15s. And I have been watching your videos thats what peaked my interest.

When I demo'd the DVX DM12 for wedges; I was going into purchase a 4 set deal of SRX712m at a smoking price to replace my MRX512m.

When I was demoing the DVX DM12, I had the wedge tickling the limiters and then I walked into the beam/path of the wedge… that thing ripped my head off.

I’ve heard the Flexsys FM12 a couple times; it sounds like a less powered version of the NX12SMA.

If you are looking to replace the Yamaha Clubs or JBL MRX512m level speakers, then the Flexsys will be fine. And if you looking to replace your QW wedge or SRX712m, then the DVX DM is a great candidate.

When I demo'd the DVX DM12 for wedges; I was going into purchase a 4 set deal of SRX712m at a smoking price to replace my MRX512m.

When I was demoing the DVX DM12, I had the wedge tickling the limiters and then I walked into the beam/path of the wedge… that thing ripped my head off.

I’ve heard the Flexsys FM12 a couple times; it sounds like a less powered version of the NX12SMA.

If you are looking to replace the Yamaha Clubs or JBL MRX512m level speakers, then the Flexsys will be fine. And if you looking to replace your QW wedge or SRX712m, then the DVX DM is a great candidate.

Thanks you guys for all your input and help. I have to base a lot of what I purchase from these forums, I live out in the boonies and would have to drive 2 hours to just demo something.

Jack , yes I would take these DVX monitors, and especially the DM 15s over at QW's anytime. the DM 15 gets so loud and is so pristine and clear and with the weight of them is hardly anything compared to them for the price point. The QW monitors are heavey and you don't have to carry around an amp rack and the current draw from the digital amps in these guys are just absolutely astonishing. We have run some serious qty of these off 20a circuits with no issues. Call me if you want to talk.

Own and use both , Flexsys is value line and does sound very good DVX is the pro line and will rip your head off and does not break up at high volumes. I have sold a lot of the DVX around the country and everyone is amazed by these boxes..we have a video or two on YouTube showing the inner workings of both series. Look under trinityprosound on YouTube.

DB Tech's website does not say what the dispersion pattern is for the FM8, FM10, and FM12. With some scrounging several months ago, I found that the pattern for the FM10 was 90x40, but elsewhere heard that it's 60x40. Does anyone know what the patterns actually are?

DB Tech's website does not say what the dispersion pattern is for the FM8, FM10, and FM12. With some scrounging several months ago, I found that the pattern for the FM10 was 90x40, but elsewhere heard that it's 60x40. Does anyone know what the patterns actually are?

I use the FM10's. For the price they're very good, but that's for the price. I'll should be able to get a look at the manual today or tomorrow, but I had it in my head that they were 90X60.

They sound a bit boomy which eq's out, but they seem to have a slight bit audible distortion around the crossover point that I haven't been able to do much about.

Easily loud enough for the acoustic based music they're used for and would be fine for the more "sensible" end of rock.

Chris

This youtube vid definitely seems to suggest the 12 is 60 rather than 90 for its wide plane, you can actually see the "60" on the face of the horn from about 6:30 onwards.
Same here for the 10.

Couldn't find anything on the 8, sorry.
David.

This youtube vid definitely seems to suggest the 12 is 60 rather than 90 for its wide plane, you can actually see the "60" on the face of the horn from about 6:30 onwards.
Same here for the 10.

Couldn't find anything on the 8, sorry.
David.

I've had a look at the manual that came with the FM10's and it's the same manual for all three. It says them FM8 is 60X60 and the FM10 and FM12 are 60X90.

Chris

I've had a look at the manual that came with the FM10's and it's the same manual for all three. It says them FM8 is 60X60 and the FM10 and FM12 are 60X90.

Chris

Thanks Chris and Dave. I think those videos are where I got the 60 degree figure. I think I got the 90 degree from my rep, who likely got it from the manual. It's odd that the dispersion isn't listed online. Also odd that the little guy is the one with the tightest dispersion.

Chris

OK, I stand corrected - I'd assumed from the shape of the horn in the vids that 60 was the wider plane, I didn't think there was enough of an angle on the other plane to be as wide as 90 but I'll have to defer to the maker on that one!