Debate

Re: Debate

So I got the 01v96. Its really not that hard. In minutes I was able to figure out most of the need to know things. How to get to eq, aux, gate, compress, delays, 10 minutes later I had it running with a computer. I still have to figure out routing and some other key things but I dont see it as being a deal breaker. I am happy with my money spent on this.

Good for you. Once you get used to the power/control the console has-it will be really hard to go back to a simple analog.

Be use to inform your friend who has all the issues with it.

The only debate here was a matter of preferences and semantics.

One of the nicest small systems I run into occasionally is in a small 120-member church with a MixWiz and a few toys.

While I wouldn't buy a MixWiz these days, I enjoy working on this simple, effective system when asked to.

As for the MixWix-leaning guy, I'd have more respect for the guy if he just simply said "I like the MixWiz because I can and don't need a reason. So there!" than the holier-than-thou BS reasons he came up with..

Geri O

Jack, the idea of "show me a person who hates a piece of gear and I'll show you a person who doesn't know how to use it" comes to mind. The 01V(96 or otherwise) is a pretty flexible and solid board. The first few times I've mixed on a Profile, I was slow, jerky, and forgetting where everything was after getting a five minute crash course. I'm sure once I've worked with it a lot more, I will have an easier time. Same goes for just about any board out there. He likes the Mixwiz? Great! He should use the tool he likes best to do the job, and you should use your favorite.