Digico SD App IOS Update

Michael Pace

Oct 3, 2018
Australia
Hi Guys, After the latest IOS update (13.1.3) I can't get the SD app to sync up with my SD9. All I get is the loading icon on the startup page and the connect button doesn't showup. Ip and the ports are right so I can't seem to find the issue.

Anyone else having this problem and is there anything that I can do to fix it?

The iOS update broke it and lots of other apps that did not (and are unlikely to) receive updates. Unless you have a clever way to roll back to your previous version of the operating system, the answer is no, it can't be fixed.

The iOS update broke it and lots of other apps that did not (and are unlikely to) receive updates. Unless you have a clever way to roll back to your previous version of the operating system, the answer is no, it can't be fixed.
What makes you say that?

I was using my iPad (iPadOS 13.1.3) with an SD12 all week, Core2 v1090. No issues.

(There is a new update for the SD, btw, v1143, which has nothing to do with this conversation...)

It's a bit of a process, but you can roll back the iOS version. There are a few articles about it online, such as this one

It's a bit of a process, but you can roll back the iOS version.
My understanding is that this is no longer possible since the download will no longer be "signed". Previous versions are "signed" for only a short period of time by Apple. After that, it becomes impossible to downgrade.

But, since iOS13 has not broken the SD app, there's no need to downgrade.

If I could downgrade one of my devices, I would though, because I DO have an app that does not work under iOS13 (not a Pro Audio App).

So, new version of IOS(13+)and new firmware update from Digico(1455) have made my iPad app useless. After reentering the details I can connect but there’s no faders. Anybody got any fixes?

Mine is working flawlessly! (FW1455 and iOS 13.x latest version)
After each firmware update you have to
1. Download iOS App Manual from manufacturers site and RTFM!
2. Clear the devices and commands in the consoles external control window.
3. Reload a set of SD console commands and reinstall your iOS device(s).
4.Take care setting correct port numbers, console IP and corresponding static IPad address.
5. After connecting successfully press ‘Mix’ button on the left side of the screen of the iOS app to re-find your faders. ;)

Last edited: