Digico SD10 and SD11

Dan Brown

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
www.reachcomm.net
I didn't see anyone else mention this.
Digico just announced 2 new consoles.
The SD10 which lands between the SD8 and SD7 feature sets.

The SD11 which I personally am interested in is a rackmount version of the SD consoles
It looks like it will do 40ch. max and has a full touch screen
Very cool, can't wait to see more

db

Re: Digico SD10 and SD11

The SD11 which I personally am interested in is a rackmount version of the SD consoles

db

They both look pretty cool. I wish I had more time in London to go stop in on those guys but alas I have to do my show and move on!

db

What I heard through the grapevine is that the SD11 will be around $16k street. Add the 32channel stage box and you're looking at a $20k package.

The SD10's are closer to $70k standard, and $90k packaged with options.

As much as I want to love the SD11 (even forgiving it for only having 12 faders), (if these prices are accurate) the price of entry is probably still too steep.

You could get a fully loaded iLiveT for similar money and have much more surface/faders available (granted it wouldn't be the Digico).

Jeff "would love to have on board multi-band comps and dynamic EQ"

What I heard through the grapevine is that the SD11 will be around $16k street. Add the 32channel stage box and you're looking at a $20k package.

As much as I want to love the SD11 (even forgiving it for only having 12 faders), (if these prices are accurate) the price of entry is probably still too steep.

Agreed, $16k is about 4 times what it should be for a console that small. 32 channels and $20k would put it in the same league as the M7CL, and with a surface that small, with that few faders it just doesn't add up.

And yes, they could have found the space to throw four more faders on the console. Still I'm loving what I see, just not the price.

can anyone let me know the street price of an SD9 for comparison ?

9 has:
* 12 more faders
* possibly more total channel count
* less IO at the console, more IO remotely (which is extra on 11)

So where does this sit with price vs features ?

I'm in Oz and don't know US street pricing but do know oz pricing for the SD9; not the 11 yet.

Andrew