DL251 head amp control software ?

I've got my DL251 on a client's site now connected to an X32. However X32 can't control the head amp which I think is because the 251 is 2.3 and i've read that you need to downgrade it to 2.05.04 for this to work..

However reading the manual I see reference made to using the control port on the DL251 to control head amps when used in "snake configuration" (page 31, section 10).

I can't find anything on the midas site about this - chiefly looking for the software to do this !

Any pointers anyone ?

Andrew

Re: DL251 head amp control software ?

I don't know, but maybe worth to investigate if maybe the offline editor has some capability in this respect.

I've got my DL251 on a client's site now connected to an X32. However X32 can't control the head amp which I think is because the 251 is 2.3 and i've read that you need to downgrade it to 2.05.04 for this to work..

However reading the manual I see reference made to using the control port on the DL251 to control head amps when used in "snake configuration" (page 31, section 10).

I can't find anything on the midas site about this - chiefly looking for the software to do this !

Any pointers anyone ?

Andrew

What version firmware are you running on the X32?
I can tell you from experience that DL251 Firmware 2.05.04 works with X32 v1.5. and X32 v2.08
It is my understanding that the latest version of X32 firmware, v2.08 is supposed to work with the DL251. FWIW, v2.08 is the first version that Behringer says works with the DL series. I would assume that it should work with the latest version of the DL251 firmware.

Last edited:

The DL251 is on 2.3. I've since found out that the midas remote gain program also needs 2.05.04 so looks like downgrade needed. I took another way out - gave them an analogue core to replace the inputs to the 251; and using the 251 for all the outputs.

I'm told the remote gain is a separate program but still haven't found it; I do know the offline editor doesn't have any means to control the console.

Regards,

Andrew

The DL251 is on 2.3. I've since found out that the midas remote gain program also needs 2.05.04 so looks like downgrade needed. I took another way out - gave them an analogue core to replace the inputs to the 251; and using the 251 for all the outputs.

I'm told the remote gain is a separate program but still haven't found it; I do know the offline editor doesn't have any means to control the console.

Regards,

Andrew

Why not just upgrade the X32 to v2.08?

Hi Art - yes, it was passing audio fine but no adjustment allowed on the pre-amps.

John - thanks for re-posting; I didn't read closely enough. It wasn't my console - was clients - and they would probably be nervous about updating to new version whilst sound checks underway but, we've got a whole year before the next event so We'll see if they can upgrade before then and we'll test it out.

Andrew

I also discovered that the protocol between the DL251 and Pro2/2C requires 2 cat 5 cables for control to pass. I had a really small gig where I only needed 12 channels so thought i'd just run out the one cat 5 cable.. no head amp control.

Andrew, you need 2 cat 5 cables with the Pro series if you are running in 96k mode. If you are running in 48K, which the x32 does, you only need 1 cable to get 48in and 16 out.