DMX splitters

Re: DMX splitters

Anyone know of a two way splitter? All I can find is a 4 way Elation.

i think the smallest i've seen recently is a 4-way. you can get a cheap chinese 4-way for like 25 bucks off fleabay [i've bought a bunch of these and yet to have a failure with any of them]. i don't think there's much point in anyone making one smaller/cheaper than that....

There's no real advantage to making a 2-way splitter vs. a 4-way. The bulk of the cost is in the housing and power supply (with the next largest cost item being the connectors).

What are you trying to accomplish by eliminating outputs?

At this time I have an Elation console with one output. If I had the splitter I could go straight to the front and back lights. It would simplify set up. All I really need is two way.

At this time I have an Elation console with one output. If I had the splitter I could go straight to the front and back lights. It would simplify set up. All I really need is two way.

My Chauvet 4-way lives in the rack with my digital snake box. I run the DMX cable from the console with the audio snake and split from there. I have used more than two branches before - front light, rear truss light, rear floor light, specials, etc. They can be handy to have. I would pick a unit with a form factor you like - either rack mount or brick, and get 'er done.