Does this picture bother your OCD?

Jack Arnott

Senior
Jan 29, 2011
On the way home from the NAMM show, this was the scene in my hotel bathroom.
Not buggy enough to do anything about it, but enough to go, "I have at least three things wrong with this".

I didn't take a shower, just got dressed and hit the road, so nothing new to report to the "Official shower complaint thread".

Attachments

• OCD.jpg
    OCD.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 0
Re: Does this picture bother your OCD?

Not buggy enough to do anything about it, but enough to go, "I have at least three things wrong with this".

I didn't take a shower, just got dressed and hit the road, so nothing new to report to the "Official shower complaint thread".
Looks fairly balanced to me--------------------------------except one roll is larger than the other

So maybe it is quasi balanced or "impedance balanced".

That's the TP equivalent of glass half-full/half-empty. Either it bothers everybody, or nobody. Before you try to change one to make them both the same, look for the candid camera. :)

JR

I went to the orient for 60 days of work last fall. I constantly felt like the translators were freelancing the "attention to detail" portion of my instructions. One day I took a walk in the park and realized the possibility of a cultural difference.

10 meters of ramp. I suppose 90% is still a B+.

2013-10-20 13.24.18.jpeg

Assuming both rolls were changed at the same time and nobody had too much curry, the picture supports this. Maybe the hotel staff are conducting an experiment. :)

Chris

I know! And I didn't see what was going on until after the fact.
I hate that I voted for the wrong side inadvertently.
Bennett is totally wrong, but I want him to be proven wrong scientifically!

And I had no way of getting in other rooms to make sure the experiment is on the up and up.
(Well, I guess I could have started knocking on doors, but.......)

Last edited:

Assuming both rolls were changed at the same time and nobody had too much curry, the picture supports this. Maybe the hotel staff are conducting an experiment. :)

Chris
So that begs a question.

Does the roll that gets used first mean that it is the most popular or "correct"?

OOOOORRRRR does the roll that gets used up first mean that the "proper" roll is left for others to see?????????????????????

It just makes you wonder-------------------

The ends aren't folded into a triangle..

So that begs a question.

Does the roll that gets used first mean that it is the most popular or "correct"?

OOOOORRRRR does the roll that gets used up first mean that the "proper" roll is left for others to see?????????????????????

It just makes you wonder-------------------

The other bias to the experiment is which roll is actually closer to the throne...

IMG_1441 1.jpgi I took this a couple weeks ago in Cambodia - never for a moment did I think it would find an appropriate home on Soundforums.net

Attachments

• IMG_1441 1.jpg
    IMG_1441 1.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1441 1.jpg
    IMG_1441 1.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 0

Paper over the back of the roll is wrong and if you like it you are wrong.

The Butter Battle Book - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I prefer over the front.

Over the rear is better if you have pets. Harder for them to undo the whole roll.

How would you solve this conundrum.

toughest-OCD-dilemma-in-life.jpg

How would you solve this conundrum.

I always go for an even number of dollars, or something clever like the same number of dollars and cents. In this case, though, I agree with the image. It is so much harder to get an even number of gallons that I would leave it that way. It's like winning the lottery.

I always go for an even number of dollars, or something clever like the same number of dollars and cents. In this case, though, I agree with the image. It is so much harder to get an even number of gallons that I would leave it that way. It's like winning the lottery.

Here you can get the pumps to stop at finer increments than we have coins for.

So if you pay cash, and pay attention, you can get a tiny bit of free fuel every time you fill up :D

My friend always pumps until the dollar amount is equal to month/day. He does this as a habit so he can detect any unauthorized charges on the bill.

As far as the picture, just add $05 and call it a mismatch that can't be fixed.

While not OCD but an aversion to pocket change. When I fill up my lawnmower gas can I try to target an even dollars amount, Not only is this difficult but the gas can seems to hold more dollars worth of gas than I remember from the good old days.

JR

PS: I read about an unconventional way to separate ethanol from gas. Add water to ethanol blend in a gas can and the ethanol will bond to the water and separate out... Sounds a little bass akwards to add water to gas to remove ethanol, but some relatively practical way to remove ethanol for small motor consumption would be nice.