Driverack PA malfunction.

Chris Gruber

Sophomore
Jan 11, 2011
Rodgers-town, Wisco
Turn on the DRPA today and give it some level. The right channel volume was very low, then volume would increase, then cut out and repeat. Ruled out everything else in the signal chain, it is the DRPA. The left channel did not have this problem, however it did have a very slight distortion to it. I was able to limp through all 4 bands running in mono. Outlets were wired correctly but voltage was high, 127ish. I don't think that was the issue as I was able to locate one outlet that was supplying 120 volts and the problem did not change. Any ideas what could be up with this? It is 7 years old and has never been mistreated. Thanks.

Re: Driverack PA malfunction.

I ran across an older DRPA in a club recently that was failing in a similar manner, intermittent clipping from one subwoofer output, all other I/O functioned correctly. I repatched the subs to not use the failing output and suggested the club RMA it. Of course they did not do so and their house guy put it right back the way it was after I was gone.
icon_rolleyes.gif

My understanding is the cost to repair or replace an out-of-warranty DRPA is about $100, dbx probably just sends you out a refurbished unit and sticks yours in line to be fixed or trashed.