Dual speaker yoke

Dave Rickard

Freshman
Jan 29, 2011
Wild West
Last year on PSW there was a thread about dual mounting yokes for small tops. I bought these and am pleased with them.

Two Yorkville NX55P over a UCS1P. Short throw, wide gym, one system at each end of the bleachers.

The right piece of gear, at the right price.

(Not sure how to publish the photo inside the thread)

http://www.pssl.com/On-Stage-SS7920B-Dual-Mount-Speaker-Bracket

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 0
Re: Dual speaker yoke

These dual speaker adapters are encouraging comb filtering:

Bought thses to be able to mount 2 Behringer B215D's on one speaker pole to save space

THIS FITS GREAT WITH MY GEAR ..I USE TWO B52 MATRIX SPEAKER SYSTEMS ..FITS PERFECT WITH BOTH 10INCH SPEAKERS ON EACH SIDE

However much I want to facepalm, they look decent if additional coverage is needed. They're almost too cheap to the point that I wouldn't trust them though.

Re: Dual speaker yoke

These dual speaker adapters are encouraging comb filtering:

Hi Silas,

I understand your point, but comb filtering will happen with or without these yokes, you know that.

I'm not terribly concerned with how others use, or misuse, them. I splayed as needed for the best compromises in this situation.

However much I want to facepalm, they look decent if additional coverage is needed. They're almost too cheap to the point that I wouldn't trust them though.

[/facepalm] Though it is possible to pay 5x the money for a yoke from another manufacturer, I chose to "take the big plunge" and spend $30 for the pair and see them in person.

These are all steel with one moving part (a tensioning knob) and showed no deflection when loaded. If they fail, I'll follow up here. They may only get used twice a year. We'll see.

I'm completely satisfied, and thought I'd share with the community.