Eaw mx-8750

212/5000

hi i just got an eaw 8750 processor and i can't get a connection with my pc can someone help me with the old version of mxware?
the processor has eprom 1.1 or someone to help me update it

Hi Josue, welcome to Soundforums.

First, good luck in your search and I hope someone here has what you need.

Second, the MX processors were made for EAW by Ashly Audio. Ashly *might* be able to help, but at the age of these units, I'm speculating.

@ Josue - try contacting Shane Presley (you'll see him above in this thread) via his website. Based on his message above, he should have a copy of this saved in the sent history of his email, which he could probably then forward to you.

@ Josue: intente ponerse en contacto con Shane Presley (lo verá arriba en este hilo) a través de su sitio web. Según el mensaje anterior, debería tener una copia guardada en el historial de envíos de su correo electrónico, que probablemente podría reenviarle.
I try to contact you but I don't have your answer

Can anybody help me out I purchase the Eaw mx8750 and mx8000 processor I am using Mac 10.7.5 i have tried downloading it from Eaw website but I'm only getting files, not the actual maxware programs
if anybody can help me I will really appreciate it. and thank you
Anybody somebody thanks
From The Fine Manual for the MX8750 (available at https://eaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/MX87xx-Manual.pdf )

" MX8750 Description
The EAW MX8750 Close Coupled Electronic Processor is a two input, eight output electronic crossover
and loudspeaker system processor intended for use with both installed and portable systems. All control
and operation of the processor is done using EAW’s MXWare software program that runs on an IBM com-
patible computer using the Windows 98, 2000, ME, or NT operating system. MXWare was not written for
Windows 95."

So it does not appear that any version of the control software for the MX8750 was developed for any flavor of MacOS, and certainly not for a version of MacOS that was released a decade after the processor was released (and after the MX8750 was discontinued, IIRC). You may have more luck running the MXware software in a virtual machine running an old version of Windows. (and the "files" associated with the MXware download from EAW's website are consistent with a Windows installer package)

From The Fine Manual for the MX8750 (available at https://eaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/MX87xx-Manual.pdf )

" MX8750 Description
The EAW MX8750 Close Coupled Electronic Processor is a two input, eight output electronic crossover
and loudspeaker system processor intended for use with both installed and portable systems. All control
and operation of the processor is done using EAW’s MXWare software program that runs on an IBM com-
patible computer using the Windows 98, 2000, ME, or NT operating system. MXWare was not written for
Windows 95."

So it does not appear that any version of the control software for the MX8750 was developed for any flavor of MacOS, and certainly not for a version of MacOS that was released a decade after the processor was released (and after the MX8750 was discontinued, IIRC). You may have more luck running the MXware software in a virtual machine running an old version of Windows. (and the "files" associated with the MXware download from EAW's website are consistent with a Windows