EDM Shows

Re: EDM Shows

Please forgive my lack of understanding on this - but where does the content come from? Is there a search term (besides EDM - I tried it) that will get hits that explain what DJs do? Perhaps a youtube that shows how? I gather EDM is pretty big here and there - who are these mega stars and what is their magic? I'm so clueless on this I'm not sure I'm asking the right questions - I think I'm trying to find out how this music is produced live.

Please forgive my lack of understanding on this - but where does the content come from? Is there a search term (besides EDM - I tried it) that will get hits that explain what DJs do? Perhaps a youtube that shows how? I gather EDM is pretty big here and there - who are these mega stars and what is their magic? I'm so clueless on this I'm not sure I'm asking the right questions - I think I'm trying to find out how this music is produced live.

Think of them as a musician, they play turntables, mixer, and library of tracks like band member Joe plays guitar. Some do it better than others, and some make their own guitars, or even invent new instruments.

Sent from my XT907 2

Get over the fixation on bad sounding mp3s. EDM DJs use the best audio files available.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yep, my situation is this

stuff encountered at the small club level.

*Still has nightmares about the mp3s in the Indie Hipster kids crank full bore at the local haunt.* I don't see my salsa night DJs giving 2 hoots about the compression rate of their mp3s anytime soon (although they're all over asking for the flashest, most modern clever pioneer gear...), in fact, they left me a couple of cds to tune the room with, one sounds fine and normal, the other is all mids and no bass yuck yuck!! :) I can imagine that the bigger acts would get it together audio hifi-wise though.

Don't compress the tracks, it won't sound good
Eee, learning that one the hard way.

There are a lot of synth bass and generated tones that go well below 40hz. Here is a link to some music I heard a few shows back and made a note of. I don't know if this youtube video will reproduce the low end but playing through eight 18's I can tell you it was there.

Pretty Lights - I Know the Truth [OFFICIAL] - YouTube scroll to about 1:15 and it will start to give you an idea.

Last edited: