ELX115P vs SxA250

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
Do the new Live X speakers blow the SXA version away? Has anyone heard both and would like to comment. I have a grip of the sxa that I have been happy with but the pricing on the live X is pretty decent. might have to switch gears here.

ELX115P
  • 15" woofer and 1.5" high-frequency titanium compression driver
  • 44 Hz - 20 kHz frequency range; 134 dB max SPL
  • 1000 W Class D lightweight amplifier - runs cool without fans
SxA250

200 Watts Continuous Power Bi-amplified 55Hz to 20kHz Frequency Response

126dB

Re: ELX115P vs SxA250

Do the new Live X speakers blow the SXA version away? Has anyone heard both and would like to comment. I have a grip of the sxa that I have been happy with but the pricing on the live X is pretty decent. might have to switch gears here.

Ben,

Blown away is a strong term. I was impressed by the ELX112P for its price point. The voicing is safe and easy on the ears, and the build quality pretty good coming from China. I liked the ELX115P a little less than its smaller cousin, though the extra LF would be usually be welcome. I thought they did a pretty good job of getting them to sound similar.

I generally have a soft spot for EV products, and X-array has always treated me well. The ELX112P will be my go to product moving forward for low end powered products. It is quite capable for what it is.