Equation editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Barracato

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Solomons MD
Is it possible to post a mathematical equation? Here is an attempt using the current version of word.

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_ADM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

I would love an equation editor that worked in threaded discussions

Re: Equation editor

The screen shot might work. The cutting and pasting did not. Actually I didn't realize this actually posted because the process of posting crashed my browser.

I was reading through Nick's post and thinking how much easier formated math is to follow. I have the same problem with the online portion of my college class and it uses a text editor tht is identical to the text editor in this bulletin board.

The work around I use to send information to my students is to convert to pdf but if they are not computer savvy, they have difficulties sending information back to me.

But I didn't cut and paste to a file, I cut and pasted an object from word that the editor doesn't recognize so it decided it must be a file.

It still seems like extra steps. Once I use the equation editor in word, I have to change it to some type of graphic in order to embed it into a message.

you can type it into Wolfram Alpha and then it will give you an image of the function that you can upload to this site.

equation.gif

edit: it doesn't work too well with differential equations....

Status
Not open for further replies.