Ethernet Snake?

Anyone got one they like? Trying to figure out what to buy. I'd love to find a 4-bundle to carry primary and secondary RIO/Dante (Ethercon) lines, DMX over Ethernet, and another for Video.

Thanks in advance,
David
Many companies make them now, I'd start with the common brands (TMB, Whirlwind, RapcoHorizon, etc). They aren't cheap. Maybe buy a 3' section from a couple different companies to test first.

Anyone got one they like? Trying to figure out what to buy. I'd love to find a 4-bundle to carry primary and secondary RIO/Dante (Ethercon) lines, DMX over Ethernet, and another for Video.

Thanks in advance,
David

I have TMB and like it. How long you looking for?

I presume you mean DMX over cat5 or cat6 cable, not actually Ethernet (which isn’t a cable type)?

I have 4 x 300' Link Cat 6 STP cables in a loom out on tour. Primary and secondary audio, 4 channels of AES/analog audio with breakouts, and 1 for lighting. It's cheaper to get 4 cables and tape them together than to get 4 in one.

Reactions: Dan Brown
To be quite honest, I got a bunch of generic CAT6 cables off of Amazon, and then placed them in tech flex. Not the absolute best solution, but it does well enough for the lighter use I encounter, and as long as none runs over them with a genie, they work quite well (except with those stupid X32 systems which need STP).

I have a CAT5E snake very similar to the one in the Markertek link. Mine is from GEPCO. It is a 4 cable CAT5E snake, 200 feet. The individual cables at the ends are armored with a loom and those flyout lengths are 10 feet on each end. Three of the cables have Neutrik EtherCON, one cable is a standard RJ45. It worked fine but after the sixth use we moved to fiber and this GEPCO has been sitting on the shelf ever since in an airconditioned warehouse. I'd be willing to let it go. PM me if you're interested. I also have a Canare reel I think will accept the cable if that interest you too.

Coming from a company that tours consoles constantly I would advise to just get 4 sections of tactical cat 5 and loom them together. That way if one of the cat5 were to fail you can just re loom the snake with a new one / take the failing one out. If you buy one of the expensive snakes with 4pr in them and 1 of the channels goes out the snake because pretty useless. We currently have 3 of those very useless, very expensive snakes sitting up high on shelves not being used due to channel failure...