EV DC One USB connection to computer Editor.

Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Ive had an EV DC One to control my QRX 153/SRX 728 rig and because I have always used Mac computers I have not been able to use the PC editor. Well now I have a windows tablet laptop and I would like to use it however I cannot get the hardware to connect to the software. I have the DC One editor installed, running and I even have all my presets done and saved. The DC One Hardware shows up on the computer as an "unknown device" but I can not get it to show up in the editor. When I dig deeper into windows information the unknown device is for sure the DC One. When I open the editor it says "The Hardware was not found. Please Check cabling" When the software is running it says "status: No Connection" at the bottom of the editor. I doubt that it is the USB cable since the computer makes noise and shows the "unknown" device, but Im trying to track down another just in case. Does it need to be on a certain mode to connect?

Ive got the manual here and Im not seeing anything. From what Im reading it sounds like it should just automatically connect. EV Tech support is on "after hours" every time I call so Im not sure what is up there. Online searches didnt turn up much. If anyone has any tips tricks or know how please let me know. Hopefully its something stupid im missing right infront of me.

Re: EV DC One USB connection to computer Editor.

Select the unknown device in device manager, click update driver and point it to the correct path.
Driver paths are found in the dc one read me file on page 2.
http://www.electrovoice.com/downloadfile.php?i=3283

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Helge, This fixed my problem. I am not familiar with windows, so I did not know how to find the drivers already loaded in. I was able to get in and try all the drivers. I bought this tablet used and it has Windows 8, There is no driver for Windows 8 however the windows XP driver DOES work for windows 8. Updating firmware and loading my presets! Thank you!

And FWIW, Windows 8 is miserable to work on IMO. I wish I could get some software to run my DC One on my Mac.

Re: EV DC One USB connection to computer Editor.

Thanks Helge, This fixed my problem. I am not familiar with windows, so I did not know how to find the drivers already loaded in. I was able to get in and try all the drivers. I bought this tablet used and it has Windows 8, There is no driver for Windows 8 however the windows XP driver DOES work for windows 8. Updating firmware and loading my presets! Thank you!

And FWIW, Windows 8 is miserable to work on IMO. I wish I could get some software to run my DC One on my Mac.
EV DC One USB connection to computer