Ev fs212 processor settings using a drive rack

I'm helping out another sound company owner a couple hours from me, by sub renting my line array and part of my monitor rig for a show this sat. He called today and mentioned his ev wedges are emitting quite a bit of white noise on the horns. He has ev fs212 boxes powered with Qsc pl and DBX drive rack 480. I was wondering if his horn levels are too high on his preset he has made. At any rate, can someone suggest what the issue might be, and part two... Does anyone know where I could possibly find accurate DBX tunings for this wedge. Thanks

Re: Ev fs212 processor settings using a drive rack

1)He called today and mentioned his ev wedges are emitting quite a bit of white noise on the horns.
2)I was wondering if his horn levels are too high on his preset he has made.
3)Does anyone know where I could possibly find accurate DBX tunings for this wedge.
Shane,

1) "White noise" is the sound of gain, without turning down individual components before the amp, hard to say where the gain is. Old DBX 1/3 octave EQs have lots of HF noise, I had to turn my amps down by 6-10 dB to get noise to an acceptable level when an engineer who didn't want to use the DriveRack EQs put them in series.
2) Could be, the HF driver is a lot more sensitive than the LF drivers.
3) No, DBX likes JBL, EV made it's own black box crossovers for these wedges.
The EV DH1A on the HP64 constant directivity horn used in the wedge has a response that evenly falls off -15 dB from 2.5kHz to 15kHz, so a + 15 dB shelf "CD" boost is required, the HF crossover level then taken down somewhere around -10 dB relative to the LF output. There is one sharp peak in the response that can use a high Q notch somewhere up around 12.5kHz. The crossover should be 24 dB LR at around 1250 Hz. A very short delay is needed on the HF, without doing a null test can't say how much, but probably in the .25ms range.
The 12's probably need around -4 dB at 400 Hz, about 1/3 octave band width.

Art