EV zlx 15P vs EV ZXa5

Re: EV zlx 15P vs EV ZXa5

The ZLX's have not shipped yet, however the ZXa's are in another class and are far better speaker for a utility speaker. They have a far better horn and are biamped vs a single in the zlx.

I understand, issue is AFAIK there is no way to go back and alter the subject line to a thread you start so the search can work for the subject, or to go back and delete a thread. Or am I missing something??
John

I understand, issue is AFAIK there is no way to go back and alter the subject line to a thread you start so the search can work for the subject, or to go back and delete a thread. Or am I missing something??
John

John,

Only a moderator can change the subject of a thread after it has been created.

The ZLX's have not shipped yet, however the ZXa's are in another class and are far better speaker for a utility speaker. They have a far better horn and are biamped vs a single in the zlx.

Odd it is not biamped, the ZXa5 is in a totally different class and $$$ range.
The ZLX is competing against $300 Behringer and Tapco boxes but even those are biamped units. It will be interesting to see if the EV ZLX can deliver the goods.

Doug Fowler had mentioned on the other site that EV had given him a couple of the zlx boxes and he got some measurements of them. He seemed pretty impressed with them. Not sure if he frequents these forums or not......

Hello
I am in a big dillema. I own a ZXA5 and my concern is buying another one to match them or sell it and buy a pair of ETX-15p. I need a pair of selfpowered speakers with hi spl for live use not for djing.

From the ZXA5's manual
"To provide maximum performance with LF punch and high SPL, the ZxA5 does NOT have a separate protection limiter for the woofer, but the woofer amplifier does have a clip limiter. It is possible to overdrive the ZxA5 hard enough and long enough for the woofer to fail. When the ZxA5 is driven to amplifier clip the sound quality decreases; at this point the drive level should be turned down."

I can't understand if the speaker has an internal limiter or not. The luck of a limit light concers me and i'm afraid that i blow them.

On the other side i read great reviews about etx-15p, with hi spl, new technology dsp etc.

What do you recommend?

"Dmarin"

You need to go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real first & last names or the mods will lock the thread or delete your post.