EWI Utility Trunk

Jimmy Hardin

Junior
Jan 29, 2013
Hey I am wanting to upgrade to this case for my speaker Cables, Snake and Power Cables. I have been using the old wal mart storage bins for quite sometime now and wanting to get away from the bins. Does anyone else use these utility trunks for what I have listed above? If so, what do you like or dislike about them? Here is a pic of the trunk in question.
950780ceb6ea0f01749efd8d0f256878.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I've used those style cases, and for cables, I strongly prefer something with 4 wheels. Those 2-wheeled cases like to tip off their wheels on rough surfaces, and you end up having to lift half the weight of the case and contents even if it doesn't tip.

Last edited:
The case you've linked to is really small. I suspect you'll be disappointed with the carrying capacity pretty quickly. We have a number of this size case built by EWI and others . It's an ideal size and the EWI version is 95% as good as the US made versions.

Hey Riley, Thanks for your reply, I don't have that many Speaker cables. I think maybe 12 or so, no more than that. I am just wanting one to put my speaker cables in and another to put my snake in and another to put my power cables in. I wasnt wanting to put all in the one case , Sorry if i misled ya. I did some measuring today and it looks like the speaker cables will fit in that case that i posted.

Last edited:
I've used those style cases, and for cables, I strongly prefer something with 4 wheels. Those 2-wheeled cases like to tip off their wheels on rough surfaces, and you end up having to lift half the weight of the case and contents.
I have a 2 wheeler that i use to transport a lot of my cases that i have from the trailer to the stage.

I have one of those I believe. It has 2 wheels on one side and a tray divider. You will want to use your handcart moving it around as dragging it around with the built in wheels is a bit awkward. I have been using it a lot less recently in favor of a couple of these. Althought they def wont fit a snake. One of these would prob work good for this. Im thinking the version I have is a little different from the one pictured.
They can be found for like 45$ each on other sites. It is just easier to mover around for smaller gigs. If its a bigger event I use the roadbox trunk cubes on casters they have.

I ordered the case and got it in and love it! I put my speaker cables in it and it was a perfect fit. I could actually and a couple more if I needed to. Although it doesn’t fit my snake as Ben has said they do have a deeper one that I plan to order that I feel like will fit it just fine .

Sent from my iPhone
226492e9d1fb10c268330e18961efd71.jpg

Looks really good. I’m in Canada so I’m unable to order EWI. I have 5 small trunks I use for cables etc. They started as a 24 mic box. I pulled the foam and gouged out to move the divider. They work well.

Since this post I have ordered 2 more of these and a big trunk to put my snakes in . So far it’s a lot simpler and easier.

Sent from my iPhone