Facebook script/ links or content causing havoc with access to SFN

Hey guys, I don't know if you can do anything about this, or offer a "facebook" free version of the site before you enter - but my workplace blocks anything to do with Facebook, and today every page refresh produces this error. After selecting yes ( and waiting 20-30 seconds each time it times out), it will allow me to pass to the page...

hoping for a facebook free SFN...

Thanks
S Presley

error attached

Attachments

• SF_ERROR.JPG
    SF_ERROR.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 0
Re: Facebook script/ links or content causing havoc with access to SFN

Hey guys, I don't know if you can do anything about this, or offer a "facebook" free version of the site before you enter - but my workplace blocks anything to do with Facebook, and today every page refresh produces this error. After selecting yes ( and waiting 20-30 seconds each time it times out), it will allow me to pass to the page...

hoping for a facebook free SFN...

Thanks
S Presley

error attached

Hey Shane,

I'm not sure there's anything we could do there. We can't see how many users actually use it, but a large amount have their accounts linked to Facebook. You can unlink your account with Facebook, if that's causing the problem.

Every time any page loads, a few Facebook scripts are called to handle login, Facebook Likes, etc. There's no good way for us to leave an option to turn those off.

vBulletin does have plenty of issues with IE. If possible, use a different browser. Maybe it'll handle timed out scripts better.

Re: Facebook script/ links or content causing havoc with access to SFN

Hey Shane,

Every time any page loads, a few Facebook scripts are called to handle login, Facebook Likes, etc. There's no good way for us to leave an option to turn those off.

vBulletin does have plenty of issues with IE. If possible, use a different browser. Maybe it'll handle timed out scripts better.

Yes I'm sure it's those Facebook scripts on page load, that's what I'm seeing at the bottom which is hanging up the load...
As for a new browser, i don't have admin rights to install anything on my pc... Oh well I'll guess I'll have to work at work, or start using my iPhone lol... Thanks for replying.
Sp