Fashion Show Runway Lighting

Marc Hayes

Freshman
Jan 12, 2011
Quad Cities, IL/IA
www.tnprod.com
We have a fashion show gig coming up and the client is wanting lighting along the edges of the runway, like what is pictured here. For the life of me, I cannot remember what the type of fixture is called and where I can get some. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

• runway_800x600_.jpg
    runway_800x600_.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 0
Re: Fashion Show Runway Lighting

You might find someone calling them (incorrectly) "foot lights". You might give a call to party rental firms and describe what you want. Call around to similar events and ask where they rent their runways or who they get to do the decorating.

Re: Fashion Show Runway Lighting

We use lights exactly like these for the Miss VA pageant. They outline the entire runway and proscenium. We had them custom made to length with 3 separate circuits so that you can create a chasing effect. The lights are pretty simple its all zip cord with crimp in style candelabra base sockets so that you can space them accordingly. We then have custom made trim made from 1x6 and 1x2 which creates a channel that hides the cord and receptacles,drill the holes evenly and you just stick the socket through the hole and screw in the bulb. THE BULBS ARE EXPENSIVE and HARD to find. We break so many, we order about 500 new bulbs every few years. People WILL kick and break them. We also run them all on dimmers. If you wanted them on a single circuit it would be easier.