Finally gave up on Vbullentin huh...

I can remember when Sound Forums and PSW split many years ago. I think both lost out, and feel even today, the two together would be so much stronger. I suspect there was much more than VBulletin vs whatever software controversy. I can't help but wish... (sigh).

In the meantime, carry on with the good work!
frank

It wasn't so much a software controversy, but the "new owners" were dumping the archives into the ether.
A lot of folks were pissed that all that freely donated accumulated knowledge and wisdom was to be made unsearchable, and effectively lost.
(if memory serves...)
Chris.

It wasn't so much a software controversy, but the "new owners" were dumping the archives into the ether.
A lot of folks were pissed that all that freely donated accumulated knowledge and wisdom was to be made unsearchable, and effectively lost.
(if memory serves...)
Chris.
That was a good chunk of the publicly voiced concerns, but Electronic Home Publishing had been the owner for a couple of years already. The history of the Live Audio Board is almost as colorful as it's founder, Dave Stevens...

There were some very interesting (as in, involved the FBI) goings on in the background when a now-banned forum member decided to take matters into his own hands. That's all I can say about it.

The LAB forums became a mess around that time, and as Tim said, there was lots of drama and toxic stuff going on on many levels.
A bunch of us LAB regulars jumped ship. I for one barely ever went back to the LAB after that. This forum has slowed down in the last few years, but the early days were truly great times. I think we should group together to do a marketing push for these forums and see if they can gain some traction again.

IIRC there was and probably still is some topics that can be discussed here but not on the LAB.

The DIY section here is pure gold. On LAB you sometimes get the impression that the answer is Danley, what was your question again?
This forum is a fine addition to LAB and I take my hat off to the fine folks who run it and post here.

The LAB forums became a mess around that time, and as Tim said, there was lots of drama and toxic stuff going on on many levels.
A bunch of us LAB regulars jumped ship. I for one barely ever went back to the LAB after that. This forum has slowed down in the last few years, but the early days were truly great times. I think we should group together to do a marketing push for these forums and see if they can gain some traction again.
I think the decline in user-ship has to do more with facebook groups, better results from google on longer questions and youtube videos for everything. I have seen a decline in pretty much every forum I frequent. Its an interesting social change and in my opinion not a positive one.

Seems if "people" can't get an answer (or validation) of their choice in 5 minutes or 2 replies, they just change channels.
No patience for actually learning anything.
Sad
Chris.

The s/n ratio dropped here - mostly the signal - around 2016, and many of the people who made the leap from the LAB/PSW back in 2011 dropped out by 2014. They either decided PSW was no longer Satan incarnate, or simply stopped using either forum. The regular population at PSW is very different from 7 years ago and a number of us who remain are using both forums.

David and Bennett busted ass to have an alternative for us who didn't like the administrative direction that Electronic Home Publishing was taking PSW/LAB. Things over there didn't get as dire as it looked they might and I suspect that long time forum mods were in a very uncomfortable place for several months whilst trying to influence EHP regarding the error of its ways.