Fireproof solution for paper blimp in theatrical production

Hi all. I am currently in desperate need of fireproof solution for paper. I am doing a theatrical play in which I need some by tomorrow. I am currently in central ct now, so of anyone knows of any places around there that would be helpful. I know this doesn't have to do anything with sound but I am desperate right now for it.

Thanks again.

Re: Fireproof solution for paper blimp in theatrical production

I've used Rosco Flamex in the past. Most theatrical supply shops sell it (at least out here in CA.) Call up whatever place the lighting folks buy their gels from. If they don't have it, I bet they'll at least know where to get it.

Re: Fireproof solution for paper blimp in theatrical production

Hi all. I am currently in desperate need of fireproof solution for paper. I am doing a theatrical play in which I need some by tomorrow. I am currently in central ct now, so of anyone knows of any places around there that would be helpful. I know this doesn't have to do anything with sound but I am desperate right now for it.

Thanks again.

You can buy several different treatments (including paints) from reputable companies to apply to paper, wood, cloth and other porous materials in order to make it flame RESISTANT. The process isn't all that difficult but there are guidelines for how much needs to be applied to various materials, what materials can actually be treated, application methods, drying time, etc. For many inspectors/ fire officials the fact that you applied it is enough, however, an in the know inspector, and or your insurance company, will often require that the process is done be a certified applicator who can then issue a certificate.