Freezin' Frank

Re: Freezin' Frank

Should have caught me with the jacket zipped up, and the hoodie on about an hour later...
Kirby didn't mention the ice dam just above our heads on the roof of the pavilion. When the sun warmed it just a bit, the cold water dripping on us, and down the back. (yeah, we picked just about the only spot w/dripping water and falling ice and snow. Good day anyway.
My first exposure to digital mixing. Kirby's LS9-32. All I can say is wow!

Last edited:

A man after my own heart.
Mixing side stage.
In the snow.
(Uphill both ways.)

And smiling.

Regards, Jack

The last time I mixed that stage... with the exact same FOH position, it was over 100 deg. out there. A few ice sculptures would have been very welcomed that day!

That LS9 is looking great... nice case!!

I wish I could have been there to hang with you guys... I ended up fighting my way into RFD in Chinatown to do a private party, right after the Caps Game let out... AHHHH!!!

FYI-- Did you find the little box on the pavilion roof post ? (just to the right of your speakers in the above pic) . . . if you get it open, it has the DMX controller for all of the Colorblast LED panels that are installed above the stage.

FYI-- Did you find the little box on the pavilion roof post ? (just to the right of your speakers in the above pic) . . . if you get it open, it has the DMX controller for all of the Colorblast LED panels that are installed above the stage.

Yeah, the City provides the key for the box to my client for the evening stuff I do over there. Gotta love the in- and -out at that venue.

Well you guys could have been in vermont with me, on the second floor of a historic church with stairs that wouldn't meet any code today and the only significant source of heat being 4 par cans. At least I had the pleasure of working with a mackie 1604 and an amp that didn't have balanced inputs.