Fulcrum Acoustic Demo in Minneapolis Area; November 12 and 13

Sorry this is late notice, but I was out to the Myth Nightclub in Maplewood tonight, helping Rich Frembes set up for this 2 day event. Many products there -- Here's what I remember:

The new AH65 (!)
A pair of TS221
US221
US212
TS215
GX1295
CX896
FX896
FA12
CX1295
DX896
DX1295

The demo runs from 11am - 8pm today (nov 12) with the 11 - 5 portion being for dealers. So, if those are the only hours you can come, give me a call and I'll get you in.
On Tuesday, the times are 11am - 4pm, which again is supposed to be for dealers.

651-308-0411

Re: Fulcrum Acoustic Demo in Minneapolis Area; November 12 and 13

I spent some time today, here's some random thoughts.

Subs - nice output for the size, sound was pretty good, the 21" models weren't flabby like expected. The new dual 15" model (not on site yet) has a 6kw program power rating, and was more impressive than expected. I'm more than a little in love with good horn subs (Danley in particular, Bassmaxx makes some nice ones too), but for front loading with small footprint, these weren't bad.

8" based speakers (CX, DX, GX) - these were good, but not breathtaking. Rich was saying how the ceramic vs neo magnets couldn't 'push' the drivers as well. The sound wasn't as articulate. Overall still great, but paled compared to the larger models.

12" CX/DX - wow! I like. Think L'Acoustics sound, but a bit more accurate. The GX wasn't quite the same (different magnet), but was otherwise nice. The price point is great, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of new, small installs coming up with CX mains....

AH horn loaded main - this reminded me of Danley for the sound quality. Very open and clear and clean. I think the low mids were a touch less powerful than Danley, but didn't have a side by side comparison. Considering it's just a dual 10" 2 way, I was impressed. Danley finally has a competitor for sound quality for large(ish) horns.

Processing was from Powersoft DSP amps, running their special sauce filters.

For non-line-array applications, these are worth a serious listen.

Re: Fulcrum Acoustic Demo in Minneapolis Area; November 12 and 13

I snuck over there last night, too. It was great to meet Rich after having read his stuff online for a long time. It was also neat that he was the designer of my current EAW system. Some aspects of a small industry are frustrating, but this part I like.

I spent most of my time with the subs, since I'm not currently in the market for trap boxes, though they sounded great. I was impressed with the TS215 sub. If you have the power to feed it and space is at a premium, this seems like a nice win compared to a usual dual 18 box. This one is on my list.