Fun things that Hilti tools do.

Jack Arnott

Senior
Jan 29, 2011
Installing ledgers inside the foundation for the joists to go on.
The Hilti guy is always selling my contractor new tools. They do cool things.
EG, the vacuum (in the first three seconds of the first link) goes boom, boom, boom.
It is clearing off the filter, so that it can keep going without stopping to clear it.

The drill is the coolest. It has holes in the bit, so the powdered cement can be sucked up by the vacuum,
so again, I can keep drilling, without stopping to clear the hole as I drill.

Hilti Drill | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Also cool is the tool that administers the epoxy. It is self powered. So I pull and hold the trigger.
At the very end. If you pay close attention, you can hear the motor reverse, you can also see the plunger pull back, so that the epoxy does not drip out, like it does with a normal hand/tube applicator.

Hilti epoxy | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And lastly, the RTFM icon is great.

Attachments

• P1290151.jpg
    P1290151.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 0
Re: Fun things that Hilti tools do.

Obviously. I use the foam filters and the cans.

Wish I had when I first started working. Apprentice electrician in Boulder, CO in '77, I remember Hilti shooters and another fellow on site using one who was a pipe smoker. After one tough angle up on a wall near the ceiling, I hear something hit the floor-he'd bitten his pipe stem making the shot. He had a good chuckle.

Now, I'll often use both cans and foamies in the shop, especially if using the router with the shop vac attached.

Jack, looks like the house is coming along nicely, congratulations.

Best regards,

John