Graphic EQ

Re: Graphic EQ

You have any views on the Lake mesa quad?

It's pretty awesome, but it is not a FOH graphic EQ... if you need that quick access interface it's not that. In terms of an incredibly powerful multi-channel processing and tonal EQ it's fantastic, and the walkabout interface is the killer app.

You have any views on the Lake mesa quad?

It's pretty awesome, but it is not a FOH graphic EQ... if you need that quick access interface it's not that. In terms of an incredibly powerful multi-channel processing and tonal EQ it's fantastic, and the walkabout interface is the killer app.

I wasn't thinking of this to provide for others, but to use as a carry unit for myself.

I am not sure I consider anything with sliders in a 2u easy to grab. It seems that practice with the interface would make ther mesa just as quick. I was on a show with a FOH guy who had one to insert into whatever system he was provided, so he wasn't using it for system dsp. With a dedicated tablet, it seemed quick and easy to make changes. He was probably only using a fraction of the things power, but it seemed to be effective.

For the record I would rather be in a position to make deliberate, controled changes to house eq, rather than quick grabs of any sort. If I have gotten myself in a position to need quick grabs on the whole system, then a lot of other things are going wrong.

Jay,

The DEQ60L is 3RU. The FOH EQ is there for the BE to mess with so I don't have to hand over the system EQ...

I think we are talking the same story. I am thinking about something to replace the FOH eq when I am the BE because I don't want to have to go into the system eq, but I also don't want to run into the closely packed faders I usually am provided. Right now I am carrying 4 channels of DN360's. Something that sounds good but is a little more compact would be nice.