Has anyone worked with MaxAV

Lisa Lane-Collins

Sophomore
Dec 9, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
18" High Performance Active Powered Subwoofer Sub System 600WRMS 18 Inch MaxAV | eBay

Eyeing off these subs cos they are So Damn Cheap and apparently unbadged JBLs. Still at this price there has to be a catch, has anyone come across them?

I heard one of the AV companies in Adelaide bought a bunch and are pretty impressed, no word on durability though, although for $600 does anyone care if they're dead in a year?

I could buy 3 of these, or another JBLPRX

Re: Has anyone worked with MaxAV

18" High Performance Active Powered Subwoofer Sub System 600WRMS 18 Inch MaxAV | eBay

Eyeing off these subs cos they are So Damn Cheap and apparently unbadged JBLs. Still at this price there has to be a catch, has anyone come across them?

I heard one of the AV companies in Adelaide bought a bunch and are pretty impressed, no word on durability though, although for $600 does anyone care if they're dead in a year?

One of the first "give aways" is the spec of 100dB 1W/1M. If you REALLY think a front loaded 18" can have anywhere near (think typically at least 10dB less) that sensitivity-then they don't need to be in the loudspeaker cabinet business-they need to be in the raw driver business-because they are soooooo much higher than anything else out there.

So with that spec totally unbelievable (at least usable in the sub freq range), how can you believe anything else?

Usually cheap products are cheap for a reason--------------------------------------------------

But no-I have not used-heard them-so I cannot make a direct comment-but BEWARE-things are not always as they seem.

hey Lisa, just a heads up, I have hear good and bad things about these. Only recommended for small house parties. I don't see mention of a class D amp on board so this tells me that the unit is not a durable unit. I'd only recommend these for small house parties. However it would be worth looking at getting one just for the hell of it and putting it through a torture test.

One of the first "give aways" is the spec of 100dB 1W/1M. If you REALLY think a front loaded 18" can have anywhere near (think typically at least 10dB less) that sensitivity-then they don't need to be in the loudspeaker cabinet business-they need to be in the raw driver business-because they are soooooo much higher than anything else out there.

So with that spec totally unbelievable (at least usable in the sub freq range), how can you believe anything else?

Usually cheap products are cheap for a reason--------------------------------------------------

But no-I have not used-heard them-so I cannot make a direct comment-but BEWARE-things are not always as they seem.

I think you have a typo there. They claim 110db 1W/1M, but your point is right on.

Last edited:

Yes the 110db 1W/1M is a typo but I have been using these for the last 4 years and they are rock solid. I now have 8pcs and swear by them for the price.

Clean sound output and if a drivers die (which they haven't yet) they are 100% replaceable with a JBL recone kit.

We use them for large indoor and outdoor event mostly.

I have used the JBL PRX 618S and other than the nice looking design these are just as good.

No cheap junk here!