Hello from NJ!

Hi their.

My name is Sean. I am an audio nut. I do DJing as a small hobby job, and do small services such as small live sound setups. I also collect audio equipment, and have an entire room full of stuff from the 80's to today. Amps, receivers, tuners, mixers, CD players, turntables, speakers (PA and home), every cable from RCA to XLR, 1/4", speakon, you name it.

One thing that I will say, is that I am very low budget, since audio is a hobby only. DJing around here does not bring in enough cash since everyone is cheap, or just don't want to spend a lot in my neck of the woods. Most things I buy are used, and I fix them up. Or, I try to find the best bargains. I have a lot of experience, some terrible, some great, in A LOT of equipment, especially pro audio, since I DJ.

Hopefully I will learn a lot from you guys, and I can give back any knowledge I have! :)

Sean

Re: Hello from NJ!

Hey Sean, great to have more NJ audio crew here. Hope you didn't get beat up too badly by Sandy.

You'll do a lot better here if you follow the full name rule, as stated in the FAQ.

Thanks! Sandy was really bad for most, but thank God we live off the coast. Just some tree damage and loose shingles.

As for the name. Yeah, Im usually just weary about putting in my real name for most things. But this site is legit after all. So, let it rip! Full name has been added.

Re: Hello from NJ!

Welcome to the forums, Sean! I live near Cherry Hill, in Collingswood. Glad to have you - ask a lot of questions and read as much as you can. There is a LOT of info to pick from.