Help clamping fixtures to a tent

Phil Graham

Honorary PhD
Mar 10, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hello strangers!

It appears we have rented a tent for an event (my wedding :D~:-D~:grin:) from a uniquely incompetent manufacturer. Between 7(!) phone calls and 6 emails, they seem incapable of sending me dimensioned drawings in a standard format of their product. It defies description.

Their perimeter tent poles are shown in the photo below. The approximate dimensions are 4" high by 2" wide. The slots are for inserts like tent walls or roof, so you don't have access to the complete circumference of the tent poles.

perimeter poles.png

I am trying to find a clamp that can clamp around these frame pieces and suspend an ETC source 4 leko. The image below represents my five minute take, in sketchup, of what said clamp is likely to look like:

idealized clamp.png

Thanks for any and all clamp links!

Last edited:
Re: Help clamping fixtures to a tent

Rob,

Thank you, these are on the right track. I already have a lighting house for the dry hire, but myself and their rentals manager have been chasing this clamping issue, which should be totally trivial, except for the tent manufacturer.

How wide is that channel?

Phil,

No idea. if I knew, I wouldn't be posting the thread! Dimensionless photographs, taken out of good will by the tent rental vendor, are all I've got. Heck, the only thing I have from the manufacturer is an undimensioned photograph! I am still amazed at their "deer in the headlights" response to such a simple question.

This sounds like a visit in person job to me. Often with rental tool companies I found it easier just to go in and have them drag the whatever out in front of me.

This sounds like a visit in person job to me. Often with rental tool companies I found it easier just to go in and have them drag the whatever out in front of me.

Jay,

I ended up going to the rental house, looking at the manual, and talking to their assembly guy. Their guy appeared to know more about the tent than the manufacturer, and I've now got it figured out.