Help with Itech's and SRX's.

Steve Ferreira

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys,

I have some presets that I have made for my srx 725's and 728's. I run the 725s passive all the time, with or without subs. I can't seem to figure out what sensitivity to run these amps at. I have called jbl and they said that there isn't and won't be any Itech settings for the srx boxes, but there are the xti ones :(

What sensitivity do you guys usually set them at?
Anybody have some settings that you care to share?

Any help would be great.

Re: Help with Itech's and SRX's.

Why does it matter? I'm not being snide, but curious.

It comes down to how hard to you want to drive your mixer and any down-stream devices (EQ, external crossover, etc) and/or how much system noise is being amplified if you have high sensitivity (lower input voltage for full output).

Also, how do you implement subs? On an aux or full range? What amp(s) do you use for that purpose? External crossover?

Hi Tim,

I run the system fullrange. 2 ITech 8000s running a 725 and 728 per amp. I did notice that I had some system noise on saturday. I checked my SA preset and it was set at 32db.

Should I just start from scratch? Run pink with the speakers unplugged, set to 0 on the board and all down stream devices. Then set the sensitivity to just below clip?

Hi Tim,

I did notice that I had some system noise on saturday.
Did you do any checking to see where the noise was coming from? How do you assume that it is the sensitivity setting? What kind of "noise"? hiss-hum-buzz-digital etc?

I would start to look at other things first-such as unplugging gear and finding out where the noise is coming from. THEN look for a solution.

Right now-you don't know what the problem is-but you are wanting an answer to one piece of the puzzle-assuming it will fix it. Often it is several things that all add together that cause a problem.

Did you do any checking to see where the noise was coming from? How do you assume that it is the sensitivity setting? What kind of "noise"? hiss-hum-buzz-digital etc?

I would start to look at other things first-such as unplugging gear and finding out where the noise is coming from. THEN look for a solution.

Right now-you don't know what the problem is-but you are wanting an answer to one piece of the puzzle-assuming it will fix it. Often it is several things that all add together that cause a problem.

I noticed some hiss from the system. I had the input sensitivity cranked to 36db (if I'm not mistaken). I did start to unplug things, and realized that the led par cans where causing some of the hiss. I moved the par cans to another plug, but the hiss was still there, lower but still there.
I also think that my mixer might be one of the culprits to the hiss. It's an A&H GL2200 that hasen't been serviced since I bought it, works flawelessly though.

I have an event this weekend and I am going to try and figure this out. It's the same setup as lastweek with the lights and all.