How much is that Mackie?

Steve Milner

Junior
Jan 10, 2011
Washington, dc
www.dcsoundop.com
I know that lots of folks who list gear on Craigslist often leave some room in their list price for some good-natured bargaining... But this is getting silly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358093527.588275.jpg

Maybe he used the old MAP + MSRP formula. Cost + 300% ? Or maybe he's anticipating the (vintage) value of it being an analog console?

Happy Sunday!

Re: How much is that Mackie?

Maybe they're dealing in Whoville currency. Considering you can get the current VLZ3 version new from a variety of retailers for $270, their ad qualifies as officially "insane."

Re: How much is that Mackie?

I would be suprised to see someone actually shell 600$ for those speakers with the options out there.

There are a whole lot of us around who have older gear that makes us a living. Sometimes we need to have a few more of this or that, so we look for something to match up to what we have rather than using mis-matched stuff or buying all new stuff. If I see a pair of the 152's in good condition and the price is right, I pick them up because they still have many uses. Then when someone contacts me about getting something serviceable for a reasonable price, I turn them over, not for a profit, but to help out a school group, a church, a non-profit et..

Not everything gets useless with old age, young fellow. There's lasting value in utility.